Monday, February 23, 2009

February Featured Novel - Studs for Hire: Woman on Top



My hot and steamy romance novel list could never be complete without mentioning Studs for Hire. In Book One of this series, Woman on Top, we are introduced to Sydnie, Casey, and Terri, three friends who start up a business where hunky handymen perform jobs for single women. I think I need to find me one of those. Oh wait, I'm married. Darn!

Each book in this series focuses on a different leading lady, and Woman on Top is Sydnie's story. When Trevor Vanden Bosch walks in the door and asks to become one of their Studs for Hire, Sydnie can't help but be skeptical and angry. Trevor did, after all, get the promotion that Sydnie deserved and broke her heart too.

Against her better judgment Sydnie agrees to take Trevor on, but there is more to this story than meets the eye. With well-developed characters, an interesting plot, a bit of humor, and some rather hot moments, Woman on Top is worth every penny.

You can read my review of this novel here.

5 comments:

Sherry James said...

Hey, Cheryl! Thanks so much for featuring my Studs for Hire books. You're a peach! I'm thrilled you enjoyed them so much. They were so much fun to write, but so hard to leave behind when the books were done. The good thing is, I still have Terri's story to do, so one of these days I'll get to revisit all of those fun characters again. I can't wait!

Cheryl said...

Would it help if I sent a fountain of chocolate? I can't wait for the last one to come out!

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE everything Sherry James writes! The Studs for Hire series has been fun to read! The characters have a spark from the get go and the sexual tension crackles with anticipation! I must say, love a spunky heroine - there are no doormats here! These are women you can admire and root for. I'm anxious to get to read Terri's story,too.
Thanks for letting me jump in here!
Noelle

Julie Miller said...

I've really enjoyed the STUDS FOR HIRE series, too! (great title, eh?)

While I loved the first one--it's not often I get to laugh out loud AND drool over a hunky hero when I'm reading--I think I like Sherry's second book in the series, SFH: WOMAN IN CHARGE almost better. That one, with builder Alex Roy, has an hysterical Elvis theme running through it.

I'd love to see Terri's story, too. The klutzy, golden-hearted secretary is a favorite heroine archetype of mine. I'm sure Sherry has a great hero in mind to pair Terri with!

Julie Miller

Cheryl said...

Hi Julie,

Thanks for stopping by. I deleted your other note. The blog didn't eat your comment. I just have it set up on moderated comments to control the SPAM--which still sneaks through somehow--and the occasional inappropriate comment.

Thanks again for stopping by.

Cheryl