Sunday, July 18, 2010
The Versatile Blogger Award Times Three
I'm feeling very loved lately. I was blessed to receive The Versatile Blogger Award by three bloggers over the past few weeks:
Abi at 4 the Love to Books
Dave and Lillian at Brummet's Conscious Blog
Jo at Writers and Authors
The rules of this award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who loved me enough to bestow this gift.
2. Share seven things about myself.
3. Bestow this honor onto 10 newly discovered or followed bloggers–in no particular order–who are fantastic in some way.
4. Drop by and let my ten new friends know I admire them.
My thanks go out to my fellow bloggers who found me deserving of this award. My challenge is in not knowing if I should now share 21 things about myself and bestow the honor on 30 bloggers. Wow! That would be a bit much, huh?
1. I used to be the baby sister, but now I am in the middle. I have two older sisters and two younger half-brothers.
2. When I was a kid, I caught a snapping turtle while fishing.
3. When I was in second grade, I was the poppy queen. I went around on Veterans Day and sold red poppies to help support the vets.
4. From the age of six, I wanted to be a teacher or a writer.
5. When I was around nine years old, I began corresponding with a pen pal. We stayed in touch for 3 years.
6. At the age of 13, I considered attending Barbizon Modeling School. Good thing nothing came of that. I am one of the most unphotogenic people I know.
7. I'm so afraid of water I've never learned to swim. Why do we go to the beach every year for vacation? I don't have an answer, but I don't go any further out than up to my ankles.
Now I'm going to spread the love to the blogosphere:
Thanks again to my friends throughout the blogosphere that selected The Book Connection for this award!
Edited on 7/19/2010:
I just realized I left anothing blogging friend out. I also received this award from author Marsha Moore at Illusions of Intimacy. Thanks Marsha. You're a peach!