Monday, May 27, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - May 27

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.   

Before we get into family and book news, we take a moment to honor and remember all who paid the ultimate sacrifice protecting freedom around the world.


Photo credit freepik.com

While, I didn't manage to squeak out any days off this past week, we had some nice family news and some sad news from across the miles.

The Lil' Diva said yes to the dress. That part of wedding plans is now behind us.


John Boy celebrated a birthday over the weekend. He made me a mama many moons ago. I am thrilled to see him settled into a life that brings him joy. We took him out to breakfast on Sunday. 


As you might recall, in 2014, I went on a trip with other fans of Little House on the Prairie. One of the women I met in Wisconsin was related to Laura Ingalls Wilder. She has been a dear friend for years. Last week, she passed away. We will all miss her very much.


Beth Ingalls-Leisses

Shifting to book news, on Audible, I read this book while on appointments. It's a good book, and it is very in-depth. This one took a while. 


I've been listening to this one lately and have about half an hour left. 


I am almost finished this true crime book. Look for my review on Friday, May 31st. 


I started this one on NetGalley. 


I need to read these two. 




I still didn't finish this one, but I will read the last few chapters soon. 


These will come on vacation with me in July. 



These are books I added to my Kindle recently. Maybe I will tackle them on vacation, too. 




Upcoming virtual book tours:
  • I Will Ruin You: The Twisted Truth Behind the Kit Martin Murder Trial by Emilio Corsetti III - May 31 (Review)
  • Royally Arranged by Amber Malloy - June 4 (First Chapter Review)
  • Rock, Crush, and Roll by Hunter Snow - June 12 (First Chapter Review)
  • Is Truth Stranger Than Fiction? You Decide... by JB Miller - July 3 (Review)
  • The Righteous Arrows by Brian J. Morra - July (Review)


Talked about my small town Christmas romance NaNoWriMo 2023 project and my next steps at the Christmas Year Round blog. You can check that out here.

That's it for me. Hope you enjoy your week! Looking forward to seeing what you're reading. 

7 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds like a busy time. Congrats on finding the dress. That is one big one off the checklist. Lots of interesting books on your stack too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Yes, it is, Kathy. Busy is good. Thanks for visiting today.

BonnieReadsAndWrites said...

I would love that Little House trip. I have fond memories of watching the TV series with my late Mom when it was on in real time. Of all the books written by former cast members, I liked Alison Arngrim's the best.

Kathryn T said...

Must be nice to be thinking about what books you are taking on your summer break. Not that long to go really.

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Bonnie, that trip was the best adventure. There are holding a bunch of 50th cast reunions across the country this year.

You are so right, Kathryn. I am ready for two weeks at the beach.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

It's wonderful that you were able to find a dress so quickly. Yes, one thing off the list.

I plan to start reading my summer books this week. It was 98 yesterday. Officially summer!

Emily said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. It looks like you had a good, busy week. A great mix of books there.

Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog