Monday, January 30, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Jan 30

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.     

Welcome to the end of January. I hope your year started off well. It has been a great year so far. I'm learning new things, focusing on professional development, and eager to see what 2023 brings. We already know we will be facing changes, but change can be a good thing... even if it doesn't seem so at the time.

Thanks to Audible, I finished listening to this book and started my latest download. You can read my review of Creating Magic here.


I am nine chapters into this one.


Last week, I reviewed this thriller. You can read my review here!
I also posted a First Chapter Review of the coming of age novel, Alchemy, by Mike Wood on Friday. You can check the review out here.

I have started Charlotte Hubbard's new book and these other two are next. 






Upcoming virtual book tours:
  • Dead Heat to Destiny by J. B. Rivard - Feb 7
  • Family Gatherings at Promise Lodge by Charlotte Hubbard - Feb 20
  • Kiss My Boots by Jennifer Learmont - Feb 23
  • The Code by Sean Keefer - Mar 6
  • Path of Peril by Marlie Parker Wasserman - Mar 13



Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Most of that mountain of books I ordered with a gift card from Barnes & Noble arrived on Saturday. Which ones of these have you read? 















Now, I just need to fit some of these into my reading schedule. Which do you think I should start with first? 

9 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

You chose to buy some fantastic books with your gift card. I've read almost all of these, and I loved most of them.

Have a great week!

Majanka Verstraete said...

The Code looks spooky. Not sure if it's meant to be, but the cover is slightly unsettling, in my opinion.

I hope you enjoy your books!

My It's Monday! What Are You Reading? post.

Kathryn T said...

You have more than a year's reading out of that gift card. Amazing. Some of them I would choose or have chosen myself. Lessons in Chemistry was so good.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I've read a few of your mailbox books. Really great haul!

Cheryl said...

What a blessing to find some people commenting today.

Deb, these have been on my list for a while. I wouldn't have bought the lot without the gift card, but I am so glad I did.

Majanka, I think it might be, too. I will have to see.

Kathryn, the way I read, that's probably true. :) One day I will have more time.

Mary, I will have to check out your reviews.

Thanks for visiting today, everyone!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I enjoyed The Maid and Book Lovers. I hope you enjoy them all.

Martha Eskuchen said...

Nice book haul! I haven't read any but have some on my TBR. I would like to read the Lincoln and Grant books.
I hope you get to enjoy some of them soon. Happy Reading!

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

what a nice variety in your book haul!
I need to try Klune!

Savvy Verse & Wit said...

I'm listening to Book Lovers now. I hope you enjoy all your new books.