Monday, June 9, 2014

Musing Mondays - June 9


This is a weekly meme run by Miz B of Should be Reading.

Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…

• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

My Musing:

The best part about summer for me is that it is usually a time to catch up a bit on my reading list. Since we drive to North Carolina, we are in the car 11 1/2 hours, so that leaves plenty of time for reading when I'm not driving. I also read while down at the beach because I'm not much of a swimmer.

If you look at my TBR Pile, you'll see it will take a long time for me to fully catch up. But I plot out my summers so that I can feel some of the pressure taken off by making my way through a dozen books or so. You can see some of the books I hope to read over the summer by checking out this recent Top Ten Tuesday post.

What books are you looking forward to reading this summer?




5 comments:

Cleopatra Loves Books said...

For me part of the fun of a holiday is planning which books to read. I always make sure I have a wide selection of genres to suit any mood. Happy summer reading!

http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com

Cheryl said...

Thanks for visiting. Hope you enjoy your books too.

JC Jones said...

You saw my post about rain and there is more to come. Only good thing. We need it.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I love catching up with that old pile, too. Hope you enjoy the journey.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

I think of the beach as a reading place more than a swimming place, too. It's just too sandy to get all wet! I'm in the middle of winter here, but it's not cold at all, so maybe a reading trip to the beach isn't such a bad idea :)