Sunday, June 25, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - June 26

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.       

Welcome to the last Monday of June. In many ways, the month flew by. I'm sure the craziness of work helped with that. It's hard to believe we leave Friday for the Outer Banks. Here are the books coming with me on vacation:









If I want to read anything for Kindle, I will need to use my Kindle app because my Kindle Fire is totally dead. I am guessing it needs a new battery. I'm not sure if I will trade it in and get a new device or just use the Kindle app on my phone and laptop.

This weekend included the Lil' Diva's dance recital. She is also one of the dance teachers. It's been great watching her dance life evolve. Here are a couple photos.




In my reading world, I finished this book. You can find my review here.


Last Monday, my review of this book was posted here.


I read this book for an August virtual book tour. My review is posted on Goodreads, but it will appear at The Children's and Teen's Book Connection on August 29. 


My review for this one is scheduled for June 29, but it might be late. 



Upcoming virtual book tours:
  • All That Glitters by Mike Martin - June 29 (review)
  • Becoming Flawesome by Kristina Mand-Lakhiani - July 11
  • Single Parents Rock! by Jaret Martino - July 19 (review TC&TBC)
  • The Unempty Spaces Between by Louis Efron - July 20 (review)
  • An Atomic Love Story: The Extraordinary Women in Robert Oppenheimer's Life by Shirley Streshinsky & Patricia Klaus - July 24 
  • Come to Me by Amy W. Vogel - July 25 (review)
  • The Five Watches: An Accident of Time by John York - August 4 
  • Exits by Stephen C. Pollock - August 7 (review)
  • Blood & Water by Linda Armstrong-Miller - August 9
  • Sammy the Sailing Sea Turtle by Gwendol - August 16 (review TC&TBC)
  • Ravage & Son by Jerome Charyn - August 21 (review)
  • Victoria James: And The Mysterious Case of the Chilly Willies by Elizabeth Burns (review TC&TBC)

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

This devotional arrived in the mail. 


I also grabbed these two Kindle freebies. 



That's it for me this week. I have appointments in the morning, so I will catch up with all of you later today. Thanks for spending time with me. 

10 comments:

Martha Eskuchen said...

Nice group of books you are taking with you.
The dance photos are lovely!
Safe travels to the Outer Banks.
Hope you have a great week and Happy reading!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I am eyeing Jo and Laurie. Enjoy your week!

Kathryn T said...

All the best for the holiday at the Outer Banks - I am guessing that's somewhere near water. Looks like you are well organised for reading on the hols.

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks, Martha. Hope you have a wonderful week.

Laurel, I am excited about Jo and Laurie.

Thanks, Kathryn. The OBX is on the east coast of NC.

Thanks for visiting today, everyone!

Kathy Martin said...

Enjoy your trip. Your books all look good. Too bad about your Kindle. I really depend on mine. Somehow it feels different reading on it rather than on my computer screen. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

Have a wonderful vacation!

Wishing you a great reading week

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Happily, I was able to find Shut Up and Write the Book on Hoopla. Lots of helpful advice, I thought. I hope you enjoy it and all the rest of the books you are taking along on your trip!

JoAnn said...

Oh, no... I hope you get get your kindle back in working order quickly. I would be lost without mine. Dance recitals are so much fun - I miss those days. Hope you have a great week!

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks, Kathy. I feel the same way about my Kindle. Though I can use the Kindle app on my laptop or phone, the Kindle is more like reading a book.

Thanks, shelleyrae.

Thanks for letting me know, Deb. Glad to hear it is helpful.

Thanks, JoAnn. I am disappointed because I always use it on vacation.

Thanks, Yvonne.

Appreciate you all taking time to come visit me today.

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

These children books sound good. Have a great reading week