Sunday, June 25, 2023

Audible Book Review: What Editors Do by Peter Ginna

 


When I first downloaded this book, I thought, how can a book on editing be over 12 hours long? Having made it to the end, I totally understand. Peter Ginna's What Editors Do: The Art, Craft, and Business of Book Editing provides an in-depth look into the world of editing and a review of the publishing world as a whole. From acquisitions to the editing process, from bringing the book to the reader to genre studies, and from pursuing a publishing career to the discussion on the past and future of editing, What Editor's Do will leave you feeling more knowledgeable about editing and publishing.

Charles Constant's and Susan Hanfield 's performances as narrators for this audio version of What Editors Do were flawless. They made it easy to keep reading/listening along. I look forward to discovering more books narrated by them.

If you are considering a job in the editing and publishing world or if you simply want to know more about the different types of editors, what they do, and how a book is brought to market, What Editors Do would be a perfect choice.

Listening Length12 hours and 8 minutes
AuthorPeter Ginna
NarratorCharles ConstantSusan Hanfield
Whispersync for VoiceReady
Audible.com Release DateJune 30, 2018
PublisherTantor Audio
Program TypeAudiobook
VersionUnabridged
LanguageEnglish
ASINB07DQNYQ39
I purchased this book with an Audible credit. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

1 comment:

Lark @ The Bookwyrm's Hoard said...

Interesting! As someone who works with editors, I have at least some sense of what they do, but I should probably read this to get a better appreciation for the breadth and depth of their responsibilities.