Monday, February 27, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Feb 27

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.     

Welcome to the end of February. This last month flew by. Did it feel that way for you?

Last week, I visited my mother-in-law for a few days. This is my dog buddy when I am there.


Tyno

This past weekend I took most of Sunday off and spent it cleaning up and cooking. The Lil' Princess will arrive on Friday for spring break, so I want to make sure I am ready for her. Travis is eagerly awaiting her arrival.


Travis

We had some snow on Thursday, and are expecting another storm tonight into Tuesday morning. The snow made for a lovely walk with Theo this weekend. I, however, am ready for spring.



In my reading world, I finished Ninja Selling. It covers the concepts I learned in the Ninja Installation from January. I am already a relational person, so this is helping me hone my skills and reminds me to bring value to my clients. 


As part of the Ninja path, we are encouraged to read something inspirational every day. So, I started with Billy Graham's, "The Cradle, Cross, and Crown." This is a short Christian devotional that I picked up on sale during Christianbook.com's Christmas sale. I finished reading this one last week.



In the mornings, I am now reading from this John Maxwell book.


I am reading this book for my review on March 6.


I also pick up these from time to time.





Upcoming virtual book tours:
  • The Code by Sean Keefer - Mar 6 (review)
  • Path of Peril by Marlie Parker Wasserman - Mar 13

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Since I pay for the Audible Plus membership, there are dozens of books I can download for free. These are the books I added to my library.




Have you read any of these? Are there books on my list you would recommend? 

8 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

We're seeing a lot of rain today but I suspect we will see another snowstorm or three. I hope you enjoy your reading this week!

Kathryn T said...

Hope those books bring lots of successful selling for you. And I bet you are looking. forward to your daughter's arrival!

Greg said...

February DID fly by! And aww that's a cute pic of Travis :)

Terrie said...

That's a lot of inspirational help/guidance there - hope they help you. Year of Yes is recently on my TBR and I'm looking forward to reading it. Have a terrific week.
Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-39

Cheryl said...

I hope it's only rain for a bit, Mary. It's snowing like crazy here.

Thanks, Kathryn, I started The Law of Success, but not sure it is right for me. Maybe a different generation.

Thanks, Greg.

Yes, Terrie. Audible has been great for that. At least I get something out of driving.

Thanks for visiting today, everyone. Hope you have a nice week.

Savvy Verse & Wit said...

We haven't had any snow at all here in D.C., just rain.

Martha Eskuchen said...

I was concerned my son would be getting part of the snow storms in South Illinois, but they didn't get it.
So many inspirational books for you. They look good.
Happy Reading!

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

I hope you enjoy your new self-help books. Sugar is definitely the killer.