Monday, January 16, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Jan 16

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.     

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a nice week. I was in class for four days, so not as much got done as I hoped. But professional development is important. On Thursday, I passed the leadership gavel into the capable hands of the new president. I also received some nice mementos.




In my reading world, I am really loving Audible for my professional development books. I am currently four chapters into this one.


I am also reading this thriller for my January 23 review.

I posted a First Chapter Review of the next two books last week.


You can read my thoughts here


You can read my thoughts here

This book is up next.




Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

This is the second week in a row that I didn't download any Kindle freebies or buy books. I think that will come to an end since in my training class from last week included a 100 recommended book list. Besides, I also received a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble and a year's subscription to MasterClass as parting gifts from the RAPV, so I have a feeling new books aren't far behind. 

Hope you have a fabulous week. 

10 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Nice looking assortment of books! I hope you'll find some good new ones with your gift card. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Greg said...

I love good thrillers! :) Hope your week is off to a fabulous start.

Majanka Verstraete said...

The Backyard Secrets of Daniel Wexler looks interesting; I like the cover. I hope you enjoy your books this week!


My It's Monday! What Are You Reading? post.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Congrats on completing your term as president. Will that free up a little reading time for you?
I've bought a few kindle books on sale in the past few weeks. Sometimes I can't say no, lol.
Have a good week!

Kathryn T said...

Well that was some really nice goodies from your year as President. Prof development i s important and always there is something to glean.

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Kathy. There are so many books I could choose to buy. Not sure which direction I will go yet.

Greg, this thriller is good so far. Hope you get a chance to check it out.

Majanka, I read the first chapter and really enjoyed it. Hope you check it out.

Thanks, Mary. I am hoping I get to read more, but it seems I simply replaced it with other things.

Kathryn, yes, the gifts were unexpected.

Thanks for visiting, everyone.

Savvy Verse & Wit said...

Will you miss being president? I'm sure this is a new chapter for you!

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

These are fun gifts, enjoy!

Lyn said...

Quite a variety! Enjoy. My latest is here:
http://www.lyndonperrywriter.com/2023/01/review-of-feast-of-fools-anthology.html

Martha Eskuchen said...

Congratulations on completing your term of office and nice that your service was appreciated.
I'm glad that you are been enjoying Audible. As you know, I am a huge fan.
Have a good week and Happy Reading!