Monday, December 19, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Dec 19

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.   

Happy Hanukah to all who celebrate it! I hope you have a blessed holiday. We were preparing for Christmas yesterday. The house is coming together. Today, I have to mail out Christmas cards. They will be late, but at least they will go out. 



Travis enjoys napping under the tree


All the work holiday parties are done, and my year as president of the Realtor Association of Pioneer Valley is coming to a end on December 31 (unofficially). It will be official on January 12, with the passing of the gavel to the incoming president. They were kind enough to get me a few gifts. What should I buy with my Barnes & Noble gift card?



I didn't read anything this past week, because I am involved in our company's Adopt A Family program. This program provides gifts for families in need. This year, we will have helped bring Christmas to more than 60 families. I did, however, finish listening to this one.


I also started listening to this one. At least something good comes out of all that time in the car.


I didn't touch any of these at all.




After those few, I really need to read this book because its review is so overdue. 




Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

This book arrived earlier in the week. I forgot I had ordered a used copy. 


I also found these Kindle freebies this week.





That's it for me. I hope everyone who celebrates it has a great Christmas!

14 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great photos of your decorations! Enjoy your holidays and your books.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Your Christmas decor is gorgeous! Congrats on passing the gavel. I hope you enjoy more free time for reading in the new year!

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

Merry Christmas! I love your decorations.

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Laurel. Hope you have a great holiday.

Thanks, Mary. I am not much of a decorator, but I try my best. Let's hope we all have more reading time.

Thanks, Aj. Merry Christmas!

Yvonne said...

Beautiful Christmas decorations. Merry Christmas! I hope you have a great week!

Kathy Martin said...

Very nice decorations! Sounds like you are remembering the reason for the season. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Yvonne and Kathy. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

Your Christmas decorations look wonderful!

Wishing you a great reading week and a joyous holiday season!

Unknown said...

Your decorations are beautiful. I had the last of Christmas dinners with my church board tonight.
Now the rest will be family.
The Ornament Keeper looks like a nice read.
I hope you have a blessed Christmas! and Happy Reading!

Unknown said...

Ohh, I forgot to include my name since I posted from the wrong platform which makes me "unknown". The last comment was from Martha E.

Savvy Verse & Wit said...

Beautiful decorations. I'm glad you got started on some reading. Have a great holiday.

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

I'm curious about The Ornament Keeper, cute cover

Melinda said...

Your Christmas decorations are so lovely! As I said, we don't a well-designed house for decorating. Or, it could be that I'm terrible and decorating. One of these is more likely than the other. Merry Christmas! - Melinda @ A Web of Stories

Jen at Introverted Reader said...

Beautiful decorations! Since we stay in our RV while we're traveling with my husband's job, we don't do much but I do what I can. A 3' Christmas tree and a few strings of lights go a long way in our tiny space. Mostly I like the simplicity of it but sometimes I do miss getting out the ornaments I've had since I was a kid.

Wow! 60 families! What a blessing you and your colleagues are!

My father-in-law is the president of his HOA and has been for 20+ years. He says he's giving it up next year and passing the gavel on to someone else but I'm not holding my breath. It will be hard for him to step back. If he does, he will probably drive his poor successor crazy! :-)

Merry Christmas!