Monday, August 22, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Aug 22

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday. 

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date

Happy Monday! I am scheduling this ahead of time because we are driving home from North Carolina today. The Lil' Princess is now at UNCW and we are hopeful her transition goes well. Here are a few photos from the weekend.


Right before we left her at school and headed home


Last minute shopping



Riverwalk in Wilmington

As far as my reading world, I finished Big Red. Totally loved it. Look for my review on September 23.


Look for my review of this writing craft book here on August 25.


On September 27, I will feature a First Chapter Review of this book at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection

In October, I will be reviewing this book.




I will be working on this Christmas book in between. 


After that, it is probably these.









Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

I picked up this Kindle freebie last week.


What did your reading world look like last week? Any new reads you wish to share?


6 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I'm sure your weekend was very busy and maybe a bit emotional. I hope your daughter loves her college and all that goes with it!!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great photos. Your books look good. Enjoy your week! Here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

Kathy Martin said...

I hope your daughter loves college! Nice looking assortment of books too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Greg said...

Good luck to your daughter with starting school! We're moving our daughter back this coming weekend too.

Cheryl said...

You are right on both counts, Mary. I managed to hold it together until we drove off, but we will miss her terribly. Our other kids stayed local for college, so this is a new experience for all of us.

Thanks, Laurel, Kathy, and Greg. Hope all goes well with move-in for your daughter, Greg.

Thank you to all of you for visiting today. Off to check out your blogs.

Martha Eskuchen said...

I had to share a FB meme with my daughter two weekends ago when she delivered her firstborn to college. I think I'll share it with you too. :-)
Best wishes for success to your daughter.
Enjoy your reading... when you get to it!