Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Mystery Novels I Love That Were Written Over Ten Years Ago



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.  

Welcome back to Tuesday! Hope you are having a great week so far. This week's topic features the Top Ten Books I Love That Were Written Over Ten Years Ago. Now, that could be a lot of books. I've been reading since childhood. So, I decided to make my list more specific. Here are my...

Top Ten Mystery Novels I Love That Were Written Over Ten Years Ago


This was Steele's debut novel, but she never wrote the sequel, or another book that I can see, which is a total shame because this one was fabulous.


Anyone who frequents my blog will not be surprised this paranormal mystery made the list. I have one more book in this series to read. Then I start White's new series. 


This book also shouldn't surprise anyone, considering I have read most of Meredith's books. 


This was the second in a series. I loved it so much that I bought the first book, too.  


I always wished Hewitt had written more mystery novels. Goodreads credits him with a dozen books, but nothing else like this one in his list. 


I bought this book because I knew some of the authors from Sheaf House Publishers. Totally loved it and bought the second book in the series. The author has since republished these books with a different publisher.


Back when I worked on virtual book tours, I had a chance to read some of Pinkston's books. I think there are five books in this series now. I need to catch up. 


Also going back to my days of virtual book tours, I promoted this book by Lisa Gardner. I loved it so much that I bought other books in her Detective D.D. Warren series. 


I am a mystery lover who has never read Sherlock Holmes. I know, how is that possible? Holmes knockoffs are as close as I get. Lewis shares a collection of Holmes stories that fans will enjoy.


This is the third book in Mead's Logan & Cafferty series. It is a wonderful story featuring crime-solving baby boomers. I believe the series has five books.

What did you think of my list? Have you read any of these? What are some of your favorite mysteries?

Side note: I am off volunteering at a community meal serve today, so I will visit blogs as soon as I can.

10 comments:

Damyanti Biswas said...

What a wonderful list! Love this.

Lydia said...

What unique picks! I haven’t read or even heard of any of them. It’s always cool when that happens. :)

My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-love-that-were-written-over-ten-years-ago/

Greg said...

I love a good mystery! Gardner's book looks good!

Rae | HerSerialLife.com said...

Nice list of interesting books written over 10 years ago.
Here is my TTT: https://herseriallife.com/top-10-books-written-over-ten-years-ago/
Have a great week :)

Susan said...

I love that you focused on mysteries! I did, too, although I did ones that are older than ten years that I still want to read. I've always loved mysteries and I'm sure I always will.

Happy TTT!

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Damyanti. I loved your list as well. The blog wouldn't let me comment, but I did stop by.

Thanks, Lydia. You had a great list this week as well.

Glad to hear you enjoy a good mystery, Greg.

Thanks, Rae. Loved your list as well. One of those books is in my TBR pile.

Susan, mysteries are one of my favorites. Nice to know we share a love for them.

Thanks for visiting, everyone.


Sara said...

Cool spin on this week’s TTT!

iloveheartlandX said...

I've not read any of these books, but glad you enjoyed them!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/08/16/top-ten-tuesday-381/

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Sara. I enjoyed your list as well.

Thanks, iloveheartlandX. I've read some of the books on your list.

Hope you had a great week. Thanks for the visit.

Pam said...

I don't think I've heard of any of these books before. But I have to look into them.

Thanks for stopping by my blog last week. Sorry about taking so long to visit you.

Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!