Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Completed Series I Wish Had More Books



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.  

Welcome back to Tuesday. We made it home in the torrential rain yesterday. We have been in a drought situation all year, so rain is good. I would prefer a week's worth of rain not arrive all in one day, but let's not be choosy. 

This week's Top Ten Tuesday is all about series of books that have been completed, but loyal fans wish more books were on the way. So, here's my...

Top Ten Completed Series I Wish Had More Books


This was the last book in the Sullivan Boys series by K. M. Daughters. Once all the siblings' stories were told, the series ended. I really wish there were more.


This one might seem lame. With book spinoffs, television shows, and museums, bonnet heads can get their Laura Ingalls Wilder fix. I just wish she had written more fiction based upon the Wilders' married life.  


I had the privilege of providing a back cover endorsement for this novel by Kathi Macias. This award-winning series spanned three books and told the stories of life and death faith-based stories. These are amazing stories of extreme devotion. 


The Left Behind series is what got me back into reading fiction after many years of reading non-fiction exclusively. The authors wrote prequels for this series, but after Jesus comes back to earth, that is the end. I'm not sure what else they could have written, but I wanted more.



Vannetta Chapman wrote a cozy mystery series about a bishop with a special gift. This trilogy left me wanting more of all these characters and their community. 


I haven't read political thrillers in a while, but would love to see more of Grossman's Executive series. 


Here is another trilogy where I wanted to spend more time with the characters. C. W. Gortner is so talented. I really need to read something by him again soon. 


My wanting more books out of this Civil War trilogy makes no sense because it is about a specific period in time with specific characters. I loved this series and still wish it carried beyond the end of the war. 


Yvonne Prinz wrote a fabulous trilogy of a pre-teen and her imaginary friend. When I wrote about the last book, a Clare television series was in development for the Canadian Family Channel. I expected more books, but they never came. I am disappointed. 


I can't be too sad about the Tradd Street series ending, because Karen White has already published the first book in its spinoff series and the cover for book 2, which comes out in May 2023, has been revealed. Still, I liked Melanie as the main character. I hope I like Nora as the protagonist just as much.

There are a couple more I could add to the list, but I don't know if they are officially over yet. 

So, what are some series you wish hadn't ended? What would you like to see happen to your favorite characters? I look forward to finding out. 

13 comments:

Lydia said...

I hope you get more instalments in all of these series soon!

My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-completed-series-i-wish-had-more-books/

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I've finished so few series (including Little House, which I liked very much) that I tweaked the prompt to see which series I've finished and which I haven't.

I'm surprised no one has taken on the Little House books series. The married life of the Wilders would be a good place to start.

Emily said...

I wasn't sure if some series were over either.

An interesting looking list.

Have a great week!

Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
My post:
https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/08/23/top-ten-tuesday-completed-series-i-wish-had-more-books/

iloveheartlandX said...

I've not read any of these, but I'm glad you enjoyed them and hope you do get more instalments in these series.
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/08/23/top-ten-tuesday-382/

Terrie said...

Not familiar with any of the titles or authors, but that's the joy of so many books, right? Happy Reading.
Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/ttt-series-i-want-to-finish

Susan said...

We've gotten a lot of monsoon storms this summer with a bunch of rain, wind, lightning, etc. We need the moisture, but the storms have caused lots of property damage (including a big crack in my windshield). I love the rain, but like you, I'd prefer to have it spread out a little!

I loved Little House as a kid and would have DIED to have more books in the series :)

Happy TTT!

Brenda said...

Little House is a wonderful pick!! It would've been fun to see them as adults. I feel the same way about Harry Potter's kids too.

Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse said...

So I loved the Tradd series and I read the first book of the new series already. I LOVED it! I actually liked it more than the original, I think. Melanie makes some cameos, too. I think it will make you happy.

Lectrice Vorace said...

I loved Little House On the Prairie when I was younger.

Here's my Top Ten Tuesday list!

Lark said...

I would love for there to be more Laura Ingalls Wilder books, too! :D

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Lydia.

Deb, surprisingly enough, an author did tackle the married life of the Wilders in the 1990s, but strayed so far from what fans would tolerate that not all reviews were kind. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8291.Days_of_Laura_Ingalls_Wilder_Boxed_Set

Emily, it can be so hard to know. Then there are some series that just end without explanation.

Thanks, iloveheartlandX.

Terrie, what you say is so true, and part of why I enjoy blogging so much.

Susan, so sorry to hear about your windshield.

Brenda, I agree with you about the Harry Potter kids. That would be great.

Thanks for letting me know, Deanna. I keep meaning to read the new series, but things come up.

Lectrice and Lark, so glad to see more LHOP fans here.

Thanks to all of you for visiting and leaving comments today.

Sara said...

Haven’t read these but am happy to see these series! Happy reading.

Cheryl said...

I appreciate that you were able to visit, Sara. Hope you have a great week.