Monday, April 11, 2022

Blogging from A to Z 2022 - Inspire

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter

Welcome to Day 9 of the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge (2022) I will be discussing topics of interest to those who identify as women this year. The Book Connection is lucky number 78 in a list of more than 140 bloggers who are participating in 2022. I encourage you to check out the list and visit other blogs with topics of interest.


INSPIRE

As a leader in my association, I feel part of my role is inspiring others to achieve their goals. At the end of my installation to President of the Realtor Association of Pioneer Valley in January, I spoke about the association's 2021 accomplishments and shared my goals for 2022. Below is the conclusion of that speech:
What I hope and pray for every member of this Association is that you put together something that’s good this year. You dream big. You push yourself farther outside of your comfort zone than you ever imagined. That you’re just as unafraid of failure as you are of success. And as you journey along your path, remember that the RAPV is part of your team, providing you with the tools and resources you need to take your business to the next level.

I had changed my speech at the last minute, because we were supposed to have our first in-person installation since the pandemic started, but omicron had other ideas. So, I opened this message speaking about how we had learned to pivot and adjust over the last two years. Then I shared a quote from attorney, author, and health care activist Elizabeth Edwards.

Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it’s less good than the one you had before. You can fight it, you can do nothing but scream about what you’ve lost, or you can accept that and try to put together something that’s good.

 A lifelong pessimist, I've done my best to embrace positivity and optimism. I share inspirational quotes on my Instagram stories and Facebook page. Here are some for us to consider today.








2 comments:

Anna Tan said...

Your speech and the quote are pretty inspirational!

Though I'm getting tired of the words "pivot" and "resilience". heh.

Dropping by from the A to Z! :)

anna
I for Identity

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Anna. I am so glad you liked my post. I think the words "new normal" bug me more than the other two.