Monday, April 11, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Apr 11

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday. 


 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date

Welcome back to Monday. I hope you had a great week. Last week was filled with meetings, showings, media training, and a lovely dinner out on Friday. My publisher also held its latest Between the Covers of 4RV Zoom presentation, which I participated in. This one was about what the publishing house is looking for in a manuscript and each editor shared their wish list. They also announced a new imprint titled, Tenacious, which is for grittier/edgier fiction than 4RV Publishing usually offers. They also accept poetry book submissions. Check out the 4RV website at www.4rvpublishing.com to see if you have a manuscript that fits one of our imprints. 

Speaking of books, over the weekend, I learned Clever Tom, my fifth children's book, has a tentative release date of Summer 2023. 

So, what does my reading world look like? Um... not getting a lot done. I am loving this one so far.

I am in the middle of this one.


I read and scheduled my First Chapter Review of They Called Him Marvin for next month's virtual book tour. I still need to read the first chapter of The Road to Me.  


I am also reading this book in between others. 


These are next:



Review coming May 27 at TC&TBC


Review coming June 7 at TC&TBC


Review coming June 22 at TC&TBC

Maybe by the time vacation rolls around I will get to these:










Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

My physical mailbox remained empty this week, but considering how little reading I am doing, that's okay. I did, however, pre-order this one for 99 cents. Its release date is May 24.



A family in turmoil.

Detective Richard Anderson grapples with the notion one of his cold cases of ten years ago may connect to recent disappearances when his son, Kyle, reveals things kept out of the media all those years ago to avoid copycat killings. But can he believe him? After all, Kyle claims he had a vision, something Richard doesn’t believe in. Susan Anderson is plagued recently with nightmares of a dark-clothed figure smiling at her, causing her to believe it’s an omen of some sort.

Kyle Anderson is determined to locate this cave that’s been tormenting his thoughts for several weeks. With the help of his two best friends, they begin their quest to locate it in Doorman’s Creek… But what they discover soon places all of them in danger.

How is your reading coming along? Have you found yourself reading more or less than usual?

9 comments:

Kathryn T said...

Didn't realise you had written books, now I know! Good to hear you are enjoying the Sheila Roberts book.

Kathy Martin said...

Lots of interesting books here. I hope you find some reading time this week to enjoy them. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Congrats on getting a release date for your new book! That's very exciting.
Glad you're enjoying the new Sheila Roberts book. Have a lovely week!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Enjoy your books and your week, and congrats on your next published book.

Here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

Sounds like a busy week. Congrats on getting a release date! Have a great week.

Martha Eskuchen said...

Busy week it sounds like. Hope you get in more reading. Enjoy!

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

I’ve been trying to read a little more, and I really have no excuse this week since I’m stuck in iso because my son has CoVid

Wishing you a great reading week

Cheryl said...

Hello, my friends. How nice to see you here. Sorry I was slow on responding. Work kept me running yesterday.

Kathryn, if you check my name on Amazon, you'll find my books. Four are out of print because the publisher went out business during COVID, but I have some copies available on my website.

Kathy and Martha, I think me being tired has influenced me not to read. I need to get over that.

Mary, Laurel, and Aj, thanks for the best wishes. I am excited about the new book because its unlike most things I've written.

Shelleyrae, I am so sorry your son is sick. Hope he feels better soon.

Thanks for visiting yesterday, everyone. I appreciate your loyalty.

vvb32 reads said...

I'm planning on reading some Karen White soon. Enjoy those.