Sunday, March 20, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Mar 21

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday. 


 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date

We are back to Monday. It just so happens to be the first Monday of spring 2022. We are supposed to reach a high of 55 degrees. I can sure take that. I am so ready for it to be warm and sunny. I got a taste of good weather in Kentucky. 


The Seelbach Hotel



Opening day - National Anthem


Jade Simmons on Day 1


Magie Cook on Day 2


Visit to Churchill Downs to watch the horse races

My first Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices conference was amazing. Two fascinating and inspiring women of color shared their stories and their inspiration with us. We ate a ton of great food and had some entertainment--a visit to Churchill Downs on Monday and Lenny Kravitz in concert on Tuesday. I enjoyed my time in Kentucky, but I was thrilled to come home and see the family. The Lil' Princess spent a few days in Florida while I was away, and I picked her up on Thursday night. She goes back to school tomorrow. 

Reading seems to be the one thing I can't accomplish lately. I read some of this one on the plane. 


I read and scheduled my First Chapter Review of They Called Him Marvin for next month's virtual book tour. I still need to read the first chapter of The Road to Me. 


I have also started this one again. For whatever reason, business non-fiction doesn't always engage me these days. This book comes highly recommended. Have you ever read it?



These have to be next:

Review coming April 29



Review coming May 27 at TC&TBC


Review coming June 7 at TC&TBC


Review coming June 22 at TC&TBC

Maybe by the time vacation rolls around I will get to these:











Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

My physical mailbox was empty, but these three e-books arrived in my Inbox for reviews in May and June. 





That's it for me this week. Hope you have a lovely day filled with great books. 

10 comments:

Kathryn T said...

I remember reading Think and Grow Rich years ago. Was good as far as I remember. Glad your conference went well. It is always nice though to return home!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

What a great trip you had! I love the photos of the hotel.

Enjoy resuming ordinary life again, and thanks for sharing. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Kathy Martin said...

Looks like it was a great conference. You have an interesting assortment of books on your stack too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Looks like the conference was a good one - and inspiring.
Enjoy the Sheila Roberts book. I've read several of her previous books but not this one.
Also want to thank you for having Captcha. It's the only way I can comment on Blogger blogs!

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

The Children's BlizzRD IS such a sad story. Whoops, weird fonts. My Monday reading list

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

I’m glad you had a wonderful time at the conference.

Wishing you a great reading week

Veronica @ The Burgeoning Bookshelf said...

Your conference looks like it was fun. You seem to have a busy few months coming up for reviews. I hope you enjoy all the books.

Martha Eskuchen said...

I love attending the industry conferences - I always learn and/or appreciate refresher info and encouragment!
Grandma's Tales look like a lot of fun.
Have a good week and I hope you get in some good reading!

Savvy Verse & Wit said...

That's a lot of great looking books.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for visiting last week, everyone. It was such a crazy week, I finally caught up on commenting on those blogs I had missed. Hope you had a wonderful week.