Monday, February 28, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Feb 28

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday. 


 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Welcome to the last Monday and the last day of February. That went by fairly quickly. Friday brought with it another 6+ inches of snow. Good thing it looks pretty on our walks, because it is no fun otherwise.


Dwight tried to help with the laundry this week, and Travis decided to hang out in my office. 



The second to the last dance show for the Lil' Princess took place this weekend. We are so proud of how she has developed as a young woman and a performer. I will miss this when she goes away to college in the fall.


As far as my reading world goes, my review of this book appeared here on Thursday.

My review of this book appeared at my children's book blog earlier in the week.


I also finished this one. You can read my review here


This group should be next, but I have First Chapter Reviews to perform for book tours in April as well. 










Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Since I've had enough of winter, I went ahead and changed to a spring mailbox. This week's forecast is supposed to be cloudy or partially sunny and dry. I'm hoping for some nice temperatures in Kentucky when we are there. 

My physical mailbox was empty, but I grabbed this e-book for free with some credits I had at Amazon.


I also received the first chapters of the next two books so I can offer First Chapter Reviews in April. 

That's it from me this week. I hope you'll share what you've been reading. I'm off to the doctor in the morning to talk about some recent test results. If I don't comment or visit your blog right away, I will be sure to do it later. 

Hope you have a wonderful day!


10 comments:

Nicole Pyles said...

That book you shared called The Attic on Queen Street sounds good!

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds like you are keeping busy. Your books look like an interesting assortment. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I am curious about The Children's Blizzard. Enjoy your week and your books! Here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

Wishing you a great reading week

Cindy said...

I enjoy Amish fiction as well. I am off to see your review for Connecting with Christ. Have a great week! https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-7-22.html

Cheryl said...

Nicole, it is the last in a series, so I would recommend starting with The House on Tradd Street to enjoy it.

Certainly not a dull moment around here, Kathy.

Laurel, I have been meaning to read this one forever.

Thanks, Shelley. Hope you have a great reading week as well.

Cindy, you had a nice Amish fiction story on your blog today.

Thanks for stopping by today, everyone. Hope you have a lovely week.

Greg said...

Helpful kitties! :)

Bring on spring!

Harvee said...

So many new books, wow!In the middle of winter, I'm attracted to sand dollars and the beach. Enjoy!

Martha Eskuchen said...

Looks like you, kitties, and your daughter are staying busy. Her dance moves look lovely.
I love the colorful cover of the Infographic book.
Hope you have a good week and Happy Reading!

Veronica @ The Burgeoning Bookshelf said...

Your cats are so cute and great little helpers too. 😀