Thursday, February 24, 2022

Book Review: Connecting with Christ edited by Yolanda Tonette Sanders

 

If you are looking for an inspiring new devotional, you'll find it in Connecting with Christ edited by Yolanda Tonette Sanders. 

In this 52-week devotional, you'll find encouragement as a variety of authors share anecdotes, life experiences, and a love of language that they skillfully connect back to God as Creator, Counselor, and Redeemer. 

Connecting with Christ shares one devotional per week, which allows you time to truly reflect on each author's words, read in full the Scriptures included, pray, and spend time recording your reflections. Though this devotional does not include dates, it is set up by theme, and those themes seem to flow easily with the year, like Renewal (weeks 1-5), Promises (weeks 14-17), Thankfulness (weeks 45-48), and Giving (weeks 49-52). 

I appreciated how some authors wove in references to the pandemic, because it truly shaped and impacted so many lives over the last few years. They talk about the losses, but also the blessings. 

It is a curiosity of mine how authors choose which Scriptures to share in a devotional. I'm sure the theme or themes help in the selection. These authors chose some of my favorites, but also some that I don't see as often. They included Old and New Testament passages. 

I've used Connecting with Christ alongside my daily Bible reading plan. This allows me to spend more time in the Word. I'm not a fan of writing in books, so I use Google sheets, a journal, or the notes app on my phone to record my reflections. 

If you are looking to grow your faith, need encouragement, or yearn to spend more time in the Word, Connecting With Christ will help you experience God's love, mercy, and compassion. 

  • Publisher ‏ : ‎ Yo Productions, LLC (November 30, 2021)
  • Language ‏ : ‎ English
  • Paperback ‏ : ‎ 212 pages
  • ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 1732850844
  • ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1732850842
  • Purchase here

I received a copy of this book from the editor. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.



2 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm glad to hear it was a good book! I may have to check it out.

Martha Eskuchen said...

I like the looks of this and I'm glad your comments are favorable.
Thanks for sharing.