Monday, December 20, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Dec 20

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.


 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Welcome to the second to the last Monday in December and, therefore, in 2021. It has gone faster than I thought possible. Since all my shopping is done, I spent this past week wrapping gifts, decorating two of our three trees, trying to get my last two closings of the year settled so that I can enjoy the holidays (both have been frustrating because of all the delays), watching Season 1 of Little House on the Prairie, blogging (here and at my Laura Ingalls Wilder blog) and reading. 


Our collectibles tree.


The snowman tree


Travis enjoys hanging out under any tree I am working on.

I let the girls decorate our main tree, which they still haven't done. So... we will see if they manage it by Christmas Eve when we have company.

As far as books go, I am reading the following. My review of 52 Weeks of Writing is scheduled for December 31. 




Next up are these books.





I just took a photo and sent it over to Sheila at Book Journey for The 9th Annual First Book Event. What will I--hopefully--be reading? You'll have to wait and see, but let me know if you have any guesses. One clue: a book by one of my favorite authors. 









Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

This time of year, I don't usually buy or request many books because my family often gifts me one or two. This year, I decided to use some of my digital credits to buy books from my Amazon Wish List.






In my physical mailbox is this book from an author I follow. I will review it at my children's book blog soon. 



That is it for me. I wish you and yours a blessed Christmas. I also hope you'll join me in praying for all those affected by the horrible tornadoes across the country. If you purchase a copy of my book, A Christmas Kindness, from 4RV Publishing through December 31, 2021, my proceeds will be donated to the Midwest and Southern Tornado Outbreak Relief Fund. Please visit http://www.4rvpublishing.com/cheryl-c-malandrinos.html to purchase. 

11 comments:

Yvonne said...

Your Christmas trees are beautiful. I hope you have a great week and Merry Christmas!

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous trees!!

Merry Christmas, and Happy Reading!!

Cindy said...

I love your Christmas trees! Looks like a nice collection of books. I love the children's book, so cute! Merry Christmas! https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/12/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-11.html

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I love your trees! I had three miniature trees for a few years, and each one spotlighted different things. One had photos of my grandchildren, another had vintage items, and the current one has Coca Cola and other vintage specialties.

Enjoy your week!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Your trees are lovely. Merry Christmas, Cheryl

Kathryn T said...

Your trees are lovely, hope the girls get to the main one! All your books look great, yes must get on to that photo. I hate photo taking now I am growing so much older but anyway I'll do it! Have a great Christmas Cheryl.

Cheryl said...

Thanks to everyone for the kind words about the trees. I'm not a great decorator, but I love it.

Children's books are so much fun, Cindy.

Laurel, I like your tree themes.

Kathryn, the tree still isn't done. I guess I'll tackle it on Friday if they don't make it.

Thanks for stopping by, everyone. Wishing you a blessed Christmas.

Martha Eskuchen said...

Your trees are lovely and I like the themes. We don't have much out in decorations yet but the kids will be here tomorrow so maybe they will help.
Those thesaurus books look interesting and I like the cover of Murder at Mistletoe Manor.
How nice to donate your book proceeds to such a worthy need.
Have a blessed Christmas!

Savvy Verse & Wit said...

I haven't had time to pick out my first book of the year. I am a bit frazzled. Have a great holiday

Cheryl said...

I can understand that, Serena. Hope you find some peace this season.

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Martha. I love my trees. Hope the kids help you decorate. The girls finally decorated the main tree last night.

I own the Emotion Thesaurus, which I find helpful in my writing when I'm looking for a different way to describe body language or facial expressions.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.