Monday, November 8, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Nov 8

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.


 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Well, another week has passed. I hope it was a good one for you. I'm in the middle of finalizing plans for San Diego. Hopefully it will be an uneventful flight there and back. 

The Lil' Princess celebrated a birthday. I didn't take any good pictures she would approve of me posting, so I will just say we had a nice time.

My virtual book tour for A Christmas Kindness is going well. I am glad to be concentrating some on my writing again. I hope to spend time with my work in progress while I'm away. 

Not too much going on in my reading world, but I have a review coming up for this one on November 10. 

Then I will read these ones next. 











Then maybe I will tackle something for fun. 
















Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists. 

This weekend, I stopped by the Wilbraham Friends of the Library Book Sale. I donated about 20 books to the sale, but came home with a dozen between the husband and me. It was bargain day, so we paid $3.00 for an entire bag. Here is what I picked up for me.



This one came in for a December book tour...because you know I can never resist a good-looking poetry collection even if I did say I wasn't signing up for any more virtual book tours. :) 



Have you attended any book sales lately? I always find good deals. 

Hope you have a wonderful week. 


9 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I've been meaning to read some of the Murder She Wrote books. Loved the show.

Enjoy your week and your books, and thanks for visiting my blog.

Beverley Baird said...

Congrats on the book tour. Looks like a sweet book for Christmas. Enjoy your reading this month - some interesting books there.

Elizabeth said...

Nice books!!

Enjoy the cookbook!!

Cheryl said...

Laurel, now that one of my favorite authors took over the Murder, She Wrote series I enjoy them even more. I loved the show.

Thanks, Beverley. The reviews have been great so far.

Thanks, Elizabeth. Cookbooks are so much fun.

Thanks, Kathy. Hope I get to read some while in San Diego, but I might focus om my writing instead.

Thanks for visiting, everyone.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Safe travels, Cheryl. I hope you enjoy whatever reading you can squeeze in!

Yvonne said...

So many lovely book covers. Hope you enjoy them. Have a great week!

Kathryn T said...

Safe travels. No book sales lately, I have so much to read I steered away from the last big one. All those cozies to be read for fun look great.

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Mary.

Thank you, Yvonne.

Kathryn, I almost didn't go to this book sale for the same reason.

Thanks for visiting, everyone.

Martha Eskuchen said...

I always find it fun to pick up a bag of books at a book sale.
You have lots of titles that sound like fun. I think I saw some Murder, She Wrote titles in the Audible Plus Catalog. Save travels and Happy Reading and writing!