Monday, February 1, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.


 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you had a nice weekend. Mine went by in a blur. One property under contract, a brand new listing with tons of activity, multiple marketing proposals to put together, and an editing project to finish. Not a lot of time for reading, but making money must come first. At least I'm having fun. 

I reviewed this cute book at my children's book blog on Thursday. You can read my review here.


I also reviewed this travel memoir here on Friday. 




I finished this one last week. Look for my review at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection soon. 



I will also be reviewing this book on my children's book blog on February 3.




Next up are these two for virtual book tours. 





This one needs to come next since I promised to review it.




After that, I might break away and read something just because I want to. This would be a good choice. We are due to get hammered with snow the next two days.










Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

My physical mailbox remained empty this week, except for the Lil' Princess' Valentine's gift that arrived mid-week. I picked up a Kindle book for free with my digital credits. 



A murder has occurred at the Filmore Hotel, one of Madison, Wisconsin's most discreet lakeside resorts. It looks cut and dry: a suspect fleeing the scene, a scorned wife, a mythical murder weapon.

But then a retired detective by the name of Virginia Holmes arrives. There's more to this mystery than meets the eye... and the murderer might still be inside the hotel.

That is it from my neck of the woods. Hope you stay safe and warm where you are.

13 comments:

Greg said...

Wow that does sound busy! Good luck with the listings!

I love the look of Cruising the Mississippi. :)

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Your book tour books look good! Have a good week!

Kathy Martin said...

Nice looking books! I hope you find time to read since it sure sounds like work is keeping you very busy. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I have been wanting to read a Margaret Truman mystery. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your week, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

Kathryn T said...

Hope you are not too hammered with snow and its just a nice amount. And that you get to the book of choice soon.

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

I’m glad you’re having fun! I’d probably be stressed out if I was that busy. Enjoy your new books. Have a great week!

Aj @ Read All The Things!

westmetromommy said...

I've seen THE CHILDREN'S BLIZZARD on a number of blogs. I put it on my TBR but I haven't requested it from my library yet. Have a great week! - Melinda @ A Web of Stories

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

Given the pandemic I wouldn’t have thought real estate would be so busy.

Wishing you a great reading week

vvb32 reads said...

Murder at the Fillmore has got me curious about the mythical murder weapon.

Martha Eskuchen said...

It is sure a good thing that you are having fun while staying so busy. :-)
Lots of good looking books - especially those children's books.
Have a good week and stay safe pushing through the snow!

Savvy Verse & Wit said...

Wow that a lot of new books. I hope you enjoy them all

Cheryl said...

Thanks for visiting, everyone. I finally caught up on visiting your blogs.

Laurel, Margaret Truman was a favorite of mine in my early 20s.

Kathryn, we got 6 inches or so and are expecting another 2 - 4 tomorrow. I'm ready for spring.

Shelleyrae, the one thing the pandemic hasn't had a negative impact on seems to be real estate. It is crazy busy.

Thanks again for stopping by.

Annu said...

that is being super busy! best of luck