Monday, July 1, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - Jul 1

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.   

Welcome to the first Monday in July! We are sitting in the beach house in North Carolina, while a storm rumbles through. We are expecting to have an indoor activity day today. The weather is should be nice otherwise, so we can't complain.


Theo enjoys his nighttime walks on the beach


Before the storm rolled in


Jockey's Ridge


Lunch at the Thai Room

Because we had to take two cars down instead of one--thanks to the insurance company who won't offer a rental the same as my Buick while my car is repaired--I couldn't read anything on the drive down. However, I finished one book last night. This is a short story collection. I enjoyed the first story, wasn't a fan of the second one, and thought the last story was okay. My review will be posted on July 3rd.


Also on my to-do list this week is an editing project that needs to be done. I'm also a beta reader for a local author friend whose novel I need to provide feedback on. 

I've got five days to finish this book from NetGalley.


Should be writing my review of these two during vacation.



I started this one yesterday.


These are also on my list to read while here.








Upcoming events:
  • Is Truth Stranger Than Fiction? You Decide... by JB Miller - July 3 (Review)
  • The Righteous Arrows by Brian J. Morra - July (Review)
  • Knowing by Mark Cox - August 22 (Review)
  • Death in St. George's by M. A. Monnin - August 23 (Review)
  • Hollywood Underworld by Lindy S. Hudis - August 30 (Review)


You can read the latest Christmas news at the Christmas Year Round blog. Check it out here!

Looking forward to your comments and to visiting your blogs. Enjoy your week!

8 comments:

Kathryn T said...

It must be lovely to get away and be on holiday for awhile. Enjoy the beach and no "shoulds" this week!

Kathy Martin said...

Enjoy your beach vacation! Looks like a great place to read. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks, Kathryn. It's a nice place to visit.

Thanks, Kathy. It is a fun place to read for sure.

Appreciate your comments today. Hope you enjoy your week.

Yvonne said...

Have a great time at the beach! It sounds like fun.

Cindy said...

Looks like you have read some great books! I hope you have a great week!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Cheryl, you look like you are having a fantastic time! My aunt and her extended family are in North Carolina on the beach right now, too, so say hi to the Warren family if you run across them.

I'm eager to hear what you think of The Best Life Book Club.

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

Lots of fun books!
This Thai food makes me hungry!

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks, Yvonne and Cindy!

We are, Deb! Hope they have a great time.

Emma, the food was amazing!

Thanks for visiting today, everyone!