Sunday, June 9, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - June 10

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.   

Welcome back to Monday! I am posting this early because I am in Boston participating in REALTOR® Day on Beacon Hill. It is so fun to visit our state legislators and discuss issues facing property owners across the Commonwealth. 

Last week was a mixed bag. We lost a good friend. A client of mine lost her mother unexpectedly, so please keep her family up in prayer. Met my oldest sister for breakfast one morning. Had inspections at a listing of mine that is under contract. Sunday evening, our family got to play a couple of games of UNO, which we haven't done in forever. I received a new editing project as well.


Front flower beds doing nicely


Showings on Saturday


Friday night we ate at a local Mexican restaurant


Theo's Sunday afternoon walk

Posted a First Chapter Review of this book. There are a couple days left for the giveaway. 


Also highlighted this book last week. The author has an amazing giveaway. You can read about it here.


On the reading front, I am almost done with this one. 


I decided to stick with this one because the content is great. I've been listening in the car between appointments. 


I didn't get to this one, but might read some this week. 


All these are coming on vacation. 







Upcoming events:
  • Rock, Crush, and Roll by Hunter Snow - June 12 (First Chapter Review)
  • Is Truth Stranger Than Fiction? You Decide... by JB Miller - July 3 (Review)
  • The Righteous Arrows by Brian J. Morra - July (Review)


You can read the latest Christmas news at the Christmas Year Round blog. Check it out here!

That's it for me. I won't be visiting your blogs until later. Looking forward to your comments. Enjoy your week!

9 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great photos and books! Enjoy your week.

Barb said...

Looks like you got some good books to dive into this week. I really like Melissa Gilbert and have always considered picking up that book. Hope you have a great week!

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds like you are really busy. Your books look good too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Kathryn T said...

Sounds like a mixed bag of a week, I guess in a way most weeks are! It's great to listen to an audiobook as you drive between appointments.

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

I love Mexican food! I hope you're having a great week.

Yvonne said...

A busy week for you! I love Mexican food. Yours looks delicious. Hope you have a great week!

Cindy said...

Sounds like you are keeping busy and enjoying it too! Have a great week!

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks, Laurel.

Barb, this second book is different from the first one. I am enjoying it better. Hope you check her book out.

Thanks, Kathy. Hopefully the schedule slows down soon.

Kathryn, I enjoy audiobooks. Might need to find some new ones for vacation.

Me, too, Aj and Yvonne! I couldn't eat it every night, but I would be okay with weekly Mexican dishes.

Thanks, Cindy!

Appreciate all the comments, everyone.

Literary Feline said...

I am so sorry for your client on the loss of her mother. I hope you are having a nice time in Boston. Your Mexican food meal looks delicious. Mexican food is one of my husband's and my favorites. I hope you enjoy your reading this week and have a great week!