Monday, April 15, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Apr 15

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.   

Happy Monday! Here in Massachusetts, we are celebrating Patriots Day, which commemorates the Battles of Lexington and Concord. The 128th Boston Marathon will take place, and it is also the start of school vacation week. I kind of forget about that one since the kids are no longer that age.

Last week was stressful with work and trying to balance everything. I also had trouble sleeping. I've found I've gotten away from meal planning, daily prayer, and journaling, which felt like it kept me centered. I'm renewing my commitment to all those and am hopeful that will help. 

In my reading and reviewing world, I'm also seeking focus. 

On Saturday, I reviewed this personal growth book. You can read my review here.  


I started this one on Audible, but have determined it is not for me. 


Our book club met on Wednesday to discuss The Secret Garden. You can find my review here.
 

Though I didn't read any of this one, but I need to get back to it. 


I read some of this one. 


I need to start this one. 


I'm listening to this one on Audible.


I need to finish this one for an April 25th review. 


I need to read this one for a May review. 


This is our selection for May's book club, so I need to get back to reading this. I started it when it first arrived, but review books tied me up. Then I wandered off to read other things. 


I also need to start this one for a May 31st review.


I would really like to continue with this series after I catch up on review books. 



You can find books I have listed for sale on ebay by clicking here. I will be adding more soon. 

Upcoming virtual book tours:
  • It Will Have Been So Beautiful by Amanda Shaw - Apr 25 (review) 
  • My Career Journal by CareerTuners - May 1 (review) 
  • Be Resilient in Your Career by Dr. Helen Ofosu - May 16 (review)
  • Mastering Your Scenes by J. A. Cox - May 17 (review)
  • I Will Ruin You: The Twisted Truth Behind the Kit Martin Murder Trial by Emilio Corsetti III - May 31 (review)


At the Christmas Year Round blog, we are talking about the filming of a new movie in historic downtown Long Grove, which stars Mario Lopez as the mayor of the town. You can read more here




 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Nothing this week, but as you can tell, I  have enough books to keep me busy. 

Looking forward to visiting your blogs today. Hope you have a nice week!


6 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Your books look good. I have been curious about the prairie books and remember that old show we loved.

Hope you can sleep better this week.

Kathy Martin said...

Some weeks are like that. Good for you that you recommitted to those things that help your mental health. You have an intriguing assortment of books going too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I've had a little trouble sleeping this week, too. I need to get back to my journaling routine, I think, too.

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

I hope they are, Laurel. The 50th year of the show is this year, so lots of reunions going on. Thanks.

Thanks, Kathy. Working to stay committed to the process.

Deb, I hope we both get some good sleep soon.

Thanks for visiting today, everyone!

Kathryn T said...

I see your review for The Secret Garden and I just must read this book soon. Hope things are balancing out, being busy at work can throw things.

Yvonne said...

I'm sorry you had a difficult time last week. Getting back to journaling is a great idea. I need to start journaling. It would probably help me keep things more organized.

Hope you have a great week!