Sunday, December 17, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.     

Happy Monday, everyone! I am posting this a bit early since I have a crazy day ahead. Hope you all had a nice weekend. I'm pretty far behind in terms of Christmas shopping and preparations, but at least the main tree is up and has lights on it and most of the other decorating is done. Here's a glimpse at my week.


Through the end of November, I am #5 for individual agents in our company


RAPV Board of Directors Luncheon


RAPV Holiday Luncheon waiting for the movers to pick up toy donations


Dwight wanted to help set up the family room tree


The new tree is 9' tall


Outside lights

In my reading world, I downloaded two new books on NetGalley. You can find my review of this seasonal title here


I also reviewed this inspirational romance last week on the blog. If you missed it, you can read my review here


This next book will be a DNF for me. I simply can't slog through it. 


This will also be a DNF. I made it through part of Chapter 3, but its not for me. 


I started this next one for a January review.


I also started this next one after I got approved for it on NetGalley.



Upcoming virtual book tours:
  • A Yellow House in the Mountains by Glenn Hileman - January 17 (review)
  • Civil Twilight by Anique Taylor - January 23 (guest post)
  • The Location Shoot by Patricia Leavy - January 31 (interview)  
At Christmas Year Round last week:




Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

This arrived on Saturday.


I got approved for these two on NetGalley:




I used Audible credits to add these to my library.



I will be out most of the day, but I will check your blogs later. Hope you have a great day!

9 comments:

Mark Baker said...

You're decorations look great! I was supposed to start wrapping presents while watching a Christmas movie or two today. It didn't happen. Still have a few days, although I leave on Friday to travel to my family, so I need to get a move on.

Harvee said...

Congratulations on your achievement and have a wonderful Christmas!

Harvee at https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com/2023/12/cats-in-japanese-fiction-sunday-salon.html

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Cute kids books. Enjoy the festivities this week!

JK Joy (aka) Jody said...

The tree is beautiful, and your outside decorations are awesome. Have a very Merry Christmas. ☕📚🎄🎅🍪🧁❄️☃️

Barb said...

Your tree is gorgeous! Love it.

Kathy Martin said...

Your decorations look lovely! I'm sorry to hear that you had a couple of DNFs this week. The books you are reading look good. Come see my week here. Happy reading and happy holidays!

Kathryn T said...

Sometimes we just have to DNF, I just did that. I don't like doing it but as you say when it becomes a slog, its a sign that's what needs to happen.

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks, Mark. It seems to have been hard to get going this year with everything else going on. Hope you get done what you need to do. Wishing you safe travels.

Thanks, Harvee. Hope you have a wonderful holiday as well.

Thanks, Mary. Hope you enjoy your Christmas.

Thanks, Jody. I appreciated the kids taking care of the outside for me.

Thanks, Barb. Hope to get it decorated in time.

Thanks, Kathy. I think I'm too picky about my audiobooks. If I buy a printed one, I am more apt to finish it, but these two were tough for me to get through.

So true, Kathryn. Sometimes books just don't resonate with you.

Thanks for visiting today, everyone. Happy holidays!

Jen at Introverted Reader said...

I've almost finished wrapping everything I currently have, though there are still a few things on the way. I'm usually frantically wrapping all day on Christmas Eve, so I'm ahead of the gae by my standards. Your tree is beautiful! I love a big tree. Congratulations on your work accomplishment! Enjoy your week and happy holidays!