Sunday, September 10, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Sept 11

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.  

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.     

Before we get to today's post, I hope you'll join me in remembering all those lost--and those we continue to lose--as a result of the horrific September 11th attacks. As you can read in last week's article, over 40 names have been added to the World Trade Center Memorial Wall. 

Thank you for pausing your busy day to remember them. 

Last week was another emotional one. Feels like there have been a ton of those lately. It continues to be a time of transition. On Labor Day, I joked how I had finally taken down my Easter decorations. It's true because of the unexpected passing of Yia-Yia and how busy work has been. But, I forced myself to pack everything away and pulled out some of the fall décor. Yia'Yia's room is now a sitting room. I'm still toying with moving my office down there, but I'll probably wrap up her estate and pack up all the files before I do. That way I can eliminate one filing cabinet. 


Just a hint, because I want most of it to be a surprise when the Lil' Princess comes home for a couple days at the end of the month. 


Travis enjoying Yia-Yia's chair

Getting two properties under contract plus a closing on Friday made for a bright spot amidst all the transition. 

On the blog last week, I posted some questions about content creation. Would appreciate your input and sharing. You can find that post at https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2023/09/what-kind-of-content-creator-are-you.html

In my reading world, more got accomplished than I planned. I reviewed these two picture books. The first one was sent to me by the author. The second, I downloaded from NetGalley. It comes out later this month, and it is a beautifully told and illustrated story about coming as you are and belonging to a church family. 




I read the first few stories in this one.


I need to start this one soon. My review is due October 4th. 


These are next.





Upcoming virtual book tours:
  • Grace and the Golden Rule by Negrita Smart - September 26 (review at (TC&TBC)
  • Murder at Midnight by Katharine Schellman - October 4 (review)
  • Death and the Sisters by Heather Redmond - October 17 (review)
  • Resparking Creativity by Fatemah Mirza & Sumayyah Rafiq - November 20 (review)



Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

I discovered that I had more Kindle credits than I realized. Lucky me! So, I bought these three books with my credits.




On September 7th, thanks to my latest Audible credit, I grabbed this book to help me prepare for NaNoWriMo.


I think that's all for this week. Looking forward to checking out your blogs and seeing what you've been up to and the books you've read. Take care!

14 comments:

Kathryn T said...

The Lost Bookshop immediately took my eye. Hope its good. Great that work is going well.

Taylor Fenner's Bookish World said...

I’m sorry for your loss. I can definitely relate to being in a time of transition. My mom passed away last month and my sister and I haven’t begun to tackle clearing out her bedroom so I can take it over and make my bedroom into my home office. I keep saying I’m waiting for the weather to cool off. Murder at Midnight and Death and the Sisters both look good, I hope you enjoy them!

Harvee said...

Today is my mother's birthday, she would have been in her 100s this year. This date has other meanings too, as you stated in your post.

JK Joy (aka) Jody said...

I am so sorry for your loss, that is really hard. The Lost Bookshop looks very good, I hope you enjoy it. I hope you have a wonderful blessed week ☕📚🍁🌞💛

Literary Feline said...

Today is the anniversary of my father's death. It's been 12 years now, which seems like a long time, but it doesn't always feel that way. Your upcoming reads look good. Murder at Midnight and Death and the Sisters especially. I must be heading into another mystery mood. :-) I hope you have a great week! Take care!

Kathy Martin said...

Transitions are hard. I'm thinking of you this week. You have an interesting assortment of books too. I have Audible Credits to spend but don't know what I want. I'm also stacking up quite a few Kindle Rewards points and can't think of anything I want to spend them on. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Yvonne said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It really is a difficult and emotional time. My thoughts are with you.

I hope you have a great week!

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks, Kathryn. I hope you get a chance to check out The Lost Bookshop.

Sorry to hear of you loss, Taylor. It took me months to finally tackle that room. Praying you find peace and comfort in your time of transition.

Wishing your mother a heavenly birthday, Harvee.

Thanks, Jody. Hope you have a chance to check out The Lost Bookshop, too.

Literary Feline, anniversaries like that are hard. My heart goes out to you.

Thanks, Kathy. I appreciate your kindness.

Thanks, Yvonne. You are very sweet.

Thanks again, everyone. I appreciate you stopping by today.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

The losses in our lives are poignant and remind us of how to feel grateful for the time we've had with people.

Remembering 9/11 is a constant reminder.

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks, Meezan. We love that little black cat.

So true, Laurel.

Thanks to both of you for stopping by today.

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

Sorry you've been struggling lately! I hope this week has been kind to you. Your cat is adorable. :)

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks, Aj. Travis is rather photogenic. Thanks for visiting.

Martha Eskuchen said...

I feel for your reminders of sorrow and dealing with the changes. The kitty in the chair photo is lovely. I like the peek of your fall decorations.
Your new books all look good to me. Happy Reading!

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

How fun, to discover more credits!
I need to try Klune one day!