Friday, September 8, 2023

What Kind of Content Creator Are You?

 


In this ever-changing world of content creation, what type of content creator are you? Keeping in mind that most times the world talks about content creators as those who publish online content with the intention of growing a following so they can monetize their work: is that what you do and how do you do it? 

As you can tell, I am a blogger. Though blogging is said to have started in the mid-90s, I didn't discover it until 2007, when I began taking my writing seriously. Not having the technological skills to create my own website, blogging became my way to build an audience. That quickly led to a career in online book marketing for the next seven years, which ended when I entered the real estate world. I've only ever blogged for entertainment, but I know many bloggers have monetized their blogs. 

Content creation has evolved with technology advancements. Online publishers and newsletter authors, podcasters, YouTubers, course creators, video game streamers, and social media influencers are creating tons of fresh, unique, and fun content. 

So, going back to my original questions:

  • What type of content creator are you?
  • Do you monetize your content?
  • What kind of equipment do you use?
Just for fun, here are a couple of other questions:
  • What is one content creation mistake you made?
  • How has your content creation process evolved through the years?

Looking forward to discussing this topic together. 


No comments: