Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Book Covers with Fall Colors/Vibes



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Welcome to the first Tuesday in October. Hard to believe it's here. I'm enjoying the changing colors, which makes this the perfect week to talk about covers with fall colors or vibes. 

Top Ten Book Covers with Fall Colors/Vibes


Baking means fall around here.



The Thorn Birds spans generations. I always thought this cover reminded me of fall, though it probably symbolizes the blistering heat of the Australian outback. 



All of the Tradd Street books have great covers, but this reminds me of fall.


Same thing with these two Harry Potter stories.





The Cycle Path Mystery series takes place on Mackinac Island. This autumn cover is my favorite.



Another fabulous series from Charlotte Hubbard, this fall Promise Lodge cover is beautiful. 






The last three are all mystery novels. There is no better time of year to read a mystery than the season that we celebrate Farmers Day (Oct 12), National Apple Day (Oct 21), Halloween (Oct 31), National Book Month (Oct), National Author's Day (Nov 1), and Day of the Dead (Nov 2). 








7 comments:

Lydia said...

I really ought to read The Thornbirds sometime! Folks keep mentioning in your TTT posts. :)

My post.

Hopewell said...

The first Harry Potter was so wonderful with them starting school. Thorn Birds--I've read and re-read it so many times. Great choices.
Lisa @ https://hopewellslibraryoflife.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

The Harry Potter cover is definitely big fall vibes! Those books always make me think about fall

iloveheartlandX said...

Harry Potter definitely always has big Autumn vibes for me. That and Christmas weirdly....I think it's because the films always used to be on TV at Christmas.
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2020/10/06/top-ten-tuesday-284/

Susan said...

Great picks! I always love a cover that features a great old house, whether it's creepy or quaint. I'm also really loving the cover for MURDER FRESHLY BAKED. I hadn't heard of it before, but I'll definitely be taking a closer look at it.

Happy TTT!

Cheryl said...

Lydia, The Thorn Birds is a long book, but it is a great story. Hope you get a chance to read it.

Hopewell, it took me so long to read the Harry Potter books, but I am glad I did.

Gabby, Harry Potter is definitely appreciated more this time of year.

iloverheartlandX, that's a neat way to think of the Harry Potter books. I haven't really watched the films much. My daughter often holds a Harry Potter marathon to watch with friends.

Susan, I love old houses, too. Murder Freshly Baked is an Amish mystery. Very fun. By the way, I'm not sure my comment was saved at your blog, but I did stop by.

Thanks for visiting, everyone. Hope you have a great week.

Christopher @ Plucked from the Stacks said...

How great is that cover for Tandem Demise! I'm always looking for new cozy series to check out, and this one looks fun.