Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books That Make Me Smile



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

What a fun topic for this week's Top Ten Tuesday. It was suggested by Julia at Pages for Thought.

Top Ten Books That Make Me Smile



This book made me smile because the main character is as bold as we wish we all could be.


Danger, humor, and romance make a great combination.


Attractive single women, hot single men, and lots of fun in this one. I haven't read them in a while, but they were all great. 


When I read this in 2014, it had been a long time since I read a romantic comedy. I thoroughly enjoyed it.


The characters in Chattahoochee, Florida made this a fabulous read. You will want to read more about Hattie Davis, Aunt Piddie, and the gang because they are so much fun. This book introduced me to southern fiction. I am grateful for that.


This is my favorite out of all the Little House on the Prairie cast memoirs so far. Alison is as funny in person--I met her in 2014. She has a great sense of humor and can put a smile on your face because she is so likable. 


One of the zaniest books I've ever read. A dragon detective and a mage at a Mensa convention. Need I say more?


The title says it all. The struggle is real. 


I loved everything about this middle grade novel. The main character is an overweight genius who invents the craziest contraptions. When Owen's cookies keep disappearing, he creates a new thief catching device. This book captures the challenges of being different in school--something I have a lot of experience with.


Clare is turning 13, which is way too old to hold onto her imaginary friend, Elsa. Clare is funny, sarcastic, and filled with a ton of emotions. I related to her at that age very well. 

What are some books that made you smile? 

5 comments:

Lydia said...

Confessions of a Prairie Bitch does sound interesting!

My TTT .

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

It is a great book. Lydia. So much fun, even though some of the topics are tough.

Elza Reads said...

I don't recognize any of these! But you did gave me some new books to browse. Glad they all made you smile.

Here's my TTT

Musings of a Sassy Bookish Mama said...

I'll have to look some of these up! Here is my list: https://www.musingsofasassybookishmama.com/2020/07/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-make-me-smile.html

Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies said...

I've heard good things about You've Been Volunteered -- really sounds like fun! And oh, I think I must check out the Prairie Bitch book! Great list.