Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books from My TBR Pile that Give Off Summer Vibes



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Welcome to the first Tuesday in June, the perfect time to think about books that give of summer vibes. Whether you travel down to the beach or up to the mountains, the books off summer make us think of those lazier days we all crave...except maybe this year when we are tired of being home. :)

Top Ten Books from My TBR Pile that Give Off Summer Vibes


Set on the Outer Banks, so definitely makes me think of summertime. I believe I bought this in the store in downtown Manteo.


This book is about a sous chef at a local ski resort, but don't those beautiful flowers and that blue creek make you think of summer?


In New England, you certainly aren't sitting out on the front porch unless the weather is accommodating. We bought a hammock swing last year. It makes the perfect reading spot.


A bed and breakfast, a pretty blue cover, and those lovely flowers definitely bring on thoughts of summer. Though it is a mystery, the quaint cover makes me want to stroll down the lane.


Returning to Rhett DeVane's Chattahoochee, Florida stories reminds me of our summertime visits to that southern state. 


Set in fictional Inspiration Valley, North Carolina this book is a mystery set during a gardening book launch where a local garden club member is found slumped over her prize roses. The picnic table and the fairy lights give off summer vibes.


This is the first book in Woods' Ocean Breeze series. Doesn't it look like summer?


I love the cover of this one. It makes me think of a long, slow walk down the road in late summer when you could get a sunburn at nine in the morning.


This book for ages 11-14 is a typical teenage story of a girl sent to live somewhere she is not interested in being. In Cross My Heart, Lucy heads to Catalina Island where she discovers an old diary. The cover sure gives off summer vibes. 


Doubtful this would have made it into my TBR pile if it weren't a Kindle freebie. I like the unique setting of Bermuda before the Revolutionary War. Reviews says the language is a bit rough. You do have a handsome couple, water, and a ship, so that means it makes the summer vibes list.

I'm sure I have more, but this gives me a good start. What are some books on your list that give off summer vibes? Will you be reading them this summer? 

11 comments:

Michael @ www.bookloverssanctuary.com said...

Just those covers create such a summery vibe! Thanks for sharing!

My TTT is here https://bookloverssanctuary.com/2020/06/02/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-have-a-summer-vibe/

Bookworms Anonymous said...

Great list! Cross my Heart looks super cute.
Here’s my ttt list http://bookwormsanonymous.blog/2020/06/02/top-ten-tuesday-summer-romances/

Marg said...

I love the idea of sitting on the porch and reading some tales, or in my case it would be on the back deck...with the fire going.

Lydia said...

Cape Hatteras Castaway sounds really good!

My TTT .

Astilbe said...

Mama's Comfort Food is making me hungry! I'm picturing all sorts of delicious (possibly southern?) things to eat.

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

Danyelle said...

I love your twist on the summer reads. When I think of summer reads, it always the beach, and the tropics.
Here is my TTT.
https://dmhoisington.wordpress.com/2020/06/02/top-ten-tuesday-4/

Cheryl said...

Michael, so glad you visited.

Bookworms Anonymous, I loved the cover on Cross my Heart, too. Good market research for my middle grade stories.

Marg, porch swings are so much fun. I really would love to add one here.

Lydia, I hope it is. I've been meaning to read it, but so many books and not enough time.

Astilbe, you're correct. The author includes some recipes at the end of her books.

Unknown, glad you liked my twist. You know, I don't think I've ever read anything set in the tropics. Need to add that to my list.

Thanks for stopping by, everyone.

Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse said...

Front porches remind me of childhood summers. They definitely scream summer to me!

Brooke Lorren said...

These are all new to me, but I love the covers! I love summer books.

Lectrice Vorace said...

These books definitely give off the summer vibes! ☀️ I'd love to jump into the scenery on the cover of Currant Creek Valley by RaeAnne Thayne.

Here's my TTT list.

R's Rue said...

Love all these covers.