Monday, June 1, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - June 1



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Welcome to the first Monday in June. It sure is a crazy time in our world. The pandemic, riots, states trying to re-open their businesses...

Sure makes one want to hide under a rock for a while and come out when things are better.

After a tense month and a half, we are focusing on being kind to ourselves. This week will be a busy one, but I have some writing to accomplish and maybe a bit of editing. Oh, and some reading to catch up on.


I reviewed this one last week. You can find the review here. I felt disappointed when the publisher stopped sending me books from this series (this book was the last one I had), but in fairness to them I wasn't returning reviews fast enough. I'm now six books behind. Yikes!




I opted to switch to Karen White this week because I have all the books in the Tradd Street series and I want to catch up.


Then comes these two.





I need to consider which books I'll bring with me to North Carolina at the end of the month. Maybe I'll contemplate that next week. 

What genres do you like to take on vacation? How do you pack them? Do you bring printed and e-books?

9 comments:

Kathryn T said...

Hope you are going gently, indeed such crazy times. I really like that Tradd St series and have been listening on audio but have quite a few to catch up on. Too many good books!

Marg said...

I think I am a couple of books being in the Tradd Street series, but I do enjoy them.

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

I prefer light books on vacation that I can easily read in an afternoon. Enjoy your holiday!

Wishing you a great reading week

Cheryl said...

Kathryn, it is so strange the world we live in; so different from how I grew up. I can't keep up with all the good books out there, either.

Marg, I'm glad you're enjoying the Tradd Street series. I forgot how much I loved them until I started the third book.

Shelleyrae, I often like those kinds of books while I am away, too. Once in a while I will dive into something more meaningful, but I like to read things that don't require much concentration.

Thanks for visiting, everyone.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I enjoy Karen White's books, and I don't think I've read that one. Thanks for sharing, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

Girl Who Reads said...

I have to say having an ereader has made it easier to decide what books to take on vacation - I can take them all! I still usually take a print book or two with me in case I'm somewhere I don't want to use my Kindle (like while in the pool).

Yvonne said...

The Tradd Street series has been on my TBR for a long time. It looks so good. I hope you have a great week.

Nise' said...

Love the Tradd Street series. I take light, fun reads on vacation.

Cheryl said...

Laurel, I have read a lot of her stand along novels, but I love, love, love this series.

Girl Who Reads, I decided to take fewer printed books this year, even though I read them faster than e-books.

Yvonne, I bet you would enjoy the Tradd Street series--especially the first book.

Nise, light, fun reads are great while one is away.

Thanks to all for stopping by today.