Monday, June 29, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?- June 29



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Happy Monday from the Outer Banks. I hope you had a nice weekend. I am doing my best not to work too much while we are away, but I know several things will command my attention today.

Here is what my reading world looks like:

I posted my review of this book on Sunday. You can read it here.




I am not sure which book I will start next, but it will be one of these.









My vacation time reading is often all over the place. I am dedicated to reading, but if something doesn't capture my attention, I might shift to something else. 

Does your reading change when you're away? Do you prefer different kinds of books or do you feel freer to abandon something that isn't working for you?

7 comments:

Marg said...

I've enjoyed the Karen White books I have read.

Have a good week!

Louise H said...

I will often read cozy mysteries when I'm on holiday. I don't normally read those! I read almost exclusively on e-reader and if a book hasn't caught me by about 20% I will usually DNF it. There are too many books on my TBR mountain for me to waste time on ones that I'm not loving 😄

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

I prefer lighter fare when I’m away

Wishing you a great reading week and a wonderful vacation

Kathy Martin said...

My reading is all over the place and I don't even have the reason of being out of my routine. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Girl Who Reads said...

I'm a big mood reader. I feel freer to abandon a book that isn't working for me if it isn't a review book.

Cheryl said...

Marg, I am glad you've enjoyed Karen White. I have one more Tradd Street series novel to read. She had one more coming out. After that, I think she is done.

Louise, I hear what you're saying. Way too little time to read all the good books out there.

Shelleyrae, I often like lighter reading while away. I didn't manage that this time.

Kathy, sometimes we just need to read what feels right to us.

Girl Who Reads, I agree. I find it hard to put down a book that an author sent me to review. I am getting better about it, though.

Thanks for visiting this week.

Greg said...

My reading is usually hit or miss on vacation. Hope you have a great one!