Monday, June 15, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - June 15



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

Hard to believe how quickly June is passing. Only one more Monday to go before we head to North Carolina. I'm not sure what to expect when we get there, but they are more open than we are here.

I am deciding if I should bring my laptop or only my Chromebook. I've never been thrilled about not being able to save things on the Chromebook. A Google Doc just isn't the same as a Word Doc to me. Any advice would be appreciated.

I am trying the new Blogger, but it will take some getting used to. Has anyone else tried it? What do you like better--the new or the legacy version?

Last week turned out to be a good reading and writing week. My sister and I are in the middle of revamping our women's novel of three sisters, and I reviewed two books.







I am currently reading the next Tradd Street book by Karen White.



Here are the books I plan to take with me on vacation. I will also bring my Kindle Fire. I'm thinking of replacing my original Kindle Fire. I am thinking of going with the Fire 7. I don't really use it for anything other than reading. Any advice on this would be appreciated. 





How do you feel about planning a vacation this year? What is your favorite vacation spot? If you're not vacationing, what special plans do you have for the summer? 

9 comments:

Marg said...

I prefer the old Blogger but that is probably because I have been using it for so long. I can't figure out how to add new tags and scheduling posts.

Greg said...

I haven't tried new Blogger yet but I'm a little afraid to. :) All the feedback I've been seeing from other bloggers is not good. But like anything I'm sure there's always a learning curve, and maybe it has good points? I don't know, I'm going to try and hang on to the Legacy version as long as I can! :)

Kathryn T said...

I am mid way through the Tradd street series and have enjoyed it so far. I prefer my Kindle Paperwhite for reading, I like the screen rather than using a Tablet.

Nise' said...

I have not tried the new blogger yet, probably will wait until I am forced. LOL I am a Word girl all the way, so I would have a hard time not using it. Enjoy your get away.

Kathy Martin said...

I've looked at the new Blogger but can't figure out how to create a new post. It is either well hidden or missing on the version I see when I switch to the new Blogger. I am, however, a Google Docs fan. I haven't got Word on my laptop and don't miss it. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Laurie C said...

I use WordPress but dislike the changes to that blogging platform! I guess it keeps us learning new things and forming new neuro-pathways in the brain, but it's not as much fun to do a blog post when nothing works the same as it used to!

My "It's Monday" post is here: http://baystatera.com/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-6-15-20-imwayr/

Cheryl said...

I am with you, Marg. I ididn't like when they updated WordPress either.

Greg, that's why I am trying it out. If they get rid of Legacy, I better know the new version enough to be able to blog.

Kathryn, I just finished Return to Tradd Street and started The Guests on South Battery. It's been a favorite series of mine since it started. Hope you keep enjoying it.

Nise, I've never liked WordPress, but Ill have to make due with the new blogger if they change it.

Kathy, I can't seem to figure out how to make certain things in Google.

I agree, Laurie. You go to create a post and suddenly can't figure it out. Good that they keep improving, but tough on those of us who like what we know.

Thanks for visiting, everyone.

Beth said...

It took about a week but now I'm used to the new Blogger. It's probably easier for people just starting than us having to unlearn stuff.

I hope you have a great vacation!

Louisa @ Words I Write Crazy said...

Yeah, June is just flying by! And I tried the new blogger, but I just didn't like it. Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!