Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Cover Redesigns I Loved/Hated - Aug 6



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Glad to be participating in this week's Top Ten Tuesday. Book covers are so important to me. If I don't like a cover, it's likely I won't even read the blurb. Welcome to my list of:

Top Ten Cover Redesigns I Loved/Hated


A cover for Anne of Green Gables without the famous red-headed orphan on it? Banish the thought.



As much as Hedwig is a wonderful Harry Potter character, this cover for the digital release wasn't my cup of tea.


Interesting choice for the cover on the Kindle release of The Thorn Birds. I have the book with the 25th anniversary cover and the cover redesigned after Richard Chamberlain and Rachel Ward starred in the TV movie. I much prefer those covers to this one.


Not that I am a big fan of the book, but this cover kind of wigged me out when I read it in high school.



Talk about double creepy. It seems the longer Stephen King's novel It is around, the nastier and gorier the covers get. Give me the 1994 version with Georgie's paper boat floating own the street with only a hint of a claw peeking out from the sewer grate. 



This 2004 redesign of the first book in The Kent Family Chronicles series is at least as attractive as the 1974 cover of the version I read back in high school. They actually made three of these books into a TV miniseries. 


When the complete and uncut version of Stephen King's The Stand came out, I knew I wanted to read the 1100+ page novel about good versus evil. It took me a while, but I finished it. What a great cover to symbolize the battle that takes place between the two factions. 


This year's paperback cover of Top Ten is so much hipper than the one from the hardcover. 


Can't say I was a fan of this book in the 80s when they forced me to read it for my English class junior year, but I've always loved the cover because its puffy letters remind me of Schoolhouse Rock.


The 2011 paperback release of this novel definitely caught the eye. Great choice!


That's it from me. What are some cover redesigns you loved or hated?

5 comments:

Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse said...

I'm not a fan of any cover with a creepy clown on it!

Lydia said...

That Anne of Green Gables cover is gorgeous!

My TTT.

Greg said...

That is a cute cover for Top Ten! I hadn't seen that one, and I've even read the book. :)

Those IT covers- *shudder* no thanks haha! Too creepy for me. :)

Cheryl said...

Creepy clowns are not my favorite either, Deanna & Greg.

The cover of the AOGG is very pretty, Lydia. I just can't imagine seeing a cover without Anne on it.

Thanks for stopping by, everyone.

Jessica at Booked J said...

Oh, yikes! I'd never seen that edition of Anne. It's definitely not bad, but I really wish it had Anne on it like you said. Or at least a flash of red hair. Or something else that would nod to her, rather than just the house.