Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Interview with Eve Picquette, Author of Open Your Heart for Happy Relationships

Eve Picquette has been looking for love, joy and fun all her life. Along the way she has had lots of experiences - some with more fun than others! A licensed attorney, she served as director of risk and quality management at hospital corporations in California and Arizona for thirty years. She is also a certified NLP life coach, matrix, EFT and Angel Therapy practitioner. Eve Picquette received her MSN in community mental health at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, and her Juris Doctor from the University of California, Davis.

Author of Open Your Heart for Happy Relationships: 10 Shift Keys -What Your Angels Have Been Trying to Tell You for Centuries and companion Mini Meditation MP3's, she lives in Arizona, and her present happy work is teaching and advising clients regarding having more love and joy in personal and business relationships.

For More Information

Can you tell us a bit about yourself? 

I am a voracious reader and book lover.  I am probably one of Amazon.com’s best customers!  I am interested in many things – but most of all having a light and happy heart and enjoying my life.  I believe we spend far too long trying to do things, required by others, that do not increase our happiness.  I am working on making sure I don’t make those mistakes again!

Where did you grow up?

I was born in North Carolina, but grew up in Central California.

When did you begin writing?

As an attorney, I have always done a lot of writing.  However, I didn’t start out to write a book.  I wrote some short guides about relationship issues that I was planning on giving away on my website.  Those sheets became the basis for my book and just developed from there.  Once I had the pictures of the angels painted, the book took on a life of it’s own.

Do you write during the day, at night or whenever you can sneak a few moments?

I wrote most of my chapters in one sitting.  I have words just wanting to jump on the page.  Then I revise, add quotes and experiences every time I re-read the chapter.  It is hard to ever be done writing.

What is this book about?

I believe that angels have inspired the ideas that work for us, down through the ages.  The book contains some of those ideas that work.  I wanted to live the Prayer of St. Francis – “…let me sow love… where there is darkness, light….” I wanted to feel happy and have happy relationships – but I was not.  As an attorney, I always feel like there is an answer. These are the 10 practical Shift Keys that opened my heart and made a real difference in my life and relationships.


What inspired you to write it?

The thought that so many of us want to be loving, but mistake being a martyr and over-giver with having an open loving heart.  I also wanted to share some simple shifts that can be made to exponentially increase happiness and peace in anyone’s life.    

Who is your biggest supporter?

I have an amazing daughter, all grown up now.   She always encourages me, as I hope I have encouraged her!  She is one of my greatest inspirations to live with an open heart.

Who is your favorite author? 

I love the emotional depth of the fiction written by Mary Balogh and Carla Kelly.

Where can readers purchase a copy of your book?

Amazon.com


Do you have a website and/or blog where readers can find out more?

You are invited to visit my author page - https://www.amazon.com/author/eve-advisorisin, Facebook at AdvisorIsIn and my website at AdvisorIsIn.com where I offer advice and techniques to help you open your heart for the happiest relationships and life, as well as Free Angel Readings and other gifts – click on Angel Messages! 

Do you have a video trailer to promote your book?  If yes, where can readers find it?

Yes, it will be on my Amazon.com author page above, and on my website home page.

What is the best investment you have made in promoting your book?

I am working with Dorothy Thompson, of Pump Up Your Book; it has been a great experience!

What is up next for you?

I am working on my next book, which is about some “dark night of the soul” traps that others and I have experienced.  It details how to climb out of those experiences, whole and lighthearted.

Is there anything you would like to add?

I appreciate all your wonderful readers – have a great day!


No comments: