Monday, December 1, 2014

Musing Mondays - December 1



Musing Mondays is a weekly meme from MizB at Should Be Reading. It asks you to muse about one of the following each week…


• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

My Musing:

Hard to believe it's December already. In looking at my TBR spreadsheet, I know I've read a lot less than I planned. It can't be helped. Now that I am back to work I'm not reading as much as I used to; but still trying to read for a little bit each night. 

I just started Danse Macabre, a Neve and Egan Cases novel. This is the third book in the series. 

Private investigators Alexandra Neve and Ashford Egan are hired to succeed where the police have failed, to safely return home a missing ballerina. With no lead to pursue and no idea who could be behind the young woman’s kidnapping, they soon find themselves at a loss as to what to do.

To make matters worse, the heart of England seems to be caught in the middle of a little Ice Age. With snow endlessly falling and Tube lines either too cramped up to use or out of service, it is a pain to do any legwork in the huge metropolis.

Oh, and because trouble never comes alone, there may also be a serial killer on the loose in the streets of East London...


I'll be reviewing it this month.

What are you reading right now? Are you on track with your reading goals?

5 comments:

JC Jones said...

I took too many books to review this year and am working really hard to finish as many as possible. I won't accept as many next year as my personal stack of books has grown.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Thanks for sharing, and good luck finishing your books for the year!

Here is mine, about my current read: “THE NIGHTINGALE”

Cleopatra Loves Books said...

Sad as it is sometimes we just have to accept that the rest of life needs to take priority. I do like the sound of your current book, I never get tired of murders in the East End of London.

http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

I definitely haven't read as much as usual over the past few weeks--my job has been keeping me so busy that I can hardly read a few pages at night before I drop off. I guess real life has to take priority over reading life sometimes!

Unknown said...

I have a really hard time setting in place my priorities, but this month has actually been really busy for me. I haven't read much either. I also had this heaping TBR-list that I completely failed at finishing (there's going to be some spillover into this month, probably.)

Thanks for sharing! Check out my MM post: http://characterized.blogspot.com/2014/12/musing-mondays-currently-reading.html