Monday, December 29, 2014

Book Review: The Seven Levels of Communication by Michael Maher

The Seven Levels of Communication by Michael Maher came recommended to me by the manager at our real estate office. Unlike typical business or sales related books that are non-fiction, this tells the story of fictional real estate agent, Rick Masters. Rick is down on his luck when he meets Michelle, a mortgage professional who has built a successful business through word or mouth and referral marketing. With nothing to lose, he attends a conference with her to learn more about her system and reaps the numerous rewards as a result.

I found The Seven Levels of Communication fascinating because it is a real life working method to increase your sphere of influence but told without an authority telling you how to implement it. The book's unusual format allows it to be less threatening because you can focus on Rick's story without feeling like you need to compare yourself to him, He's not a real guy. He doesn't have tons of real life examples of his success to jam down your throat. Now, perhaps, some might think that's a negative; but as a newer real estate sales person it allowed me to better focus on the actual method instead of worrying over how I might not match up. I definitely came away with some ideas to implement in my business for 2015.

Highly recommended.


Hardcover: 170 pages
Publisher: AuthorHouse (October 13, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1452033978
ISBN-13: 978-1452033976

I purchased a used copy of this book through Amazon. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

I read this book for the following challenge.


1 comment:

fredamans said...

Sounds like an interesting read. I know a few people who could benefit from better understanding relationships and how they work to coexist. Great review!