Wednesday, December 28, 2011

First Chapter Review


I am going to be starting a new feature in 2012--the First Chapter Review. I have over 100 free books on my Kindle. While many are classics or older books that have been made available digitally, several are recent books that are being offered for free. Based upon all the books I already have in  my TBR pile, I know it will be some time before I get a chance to read them, but I want to provide these authors some publicity. So, I will read the first chapter, talk a bit about it, and then let you know whether I would keep reading. Since the first chapter should be strong to encourage a reader to continue, I think it will work out well. Feel free to share your thoughts on this approach.

Here's to more great books in 2012!

6 comments:

T. Forehand said...

Great idea, I look forward to reading your reviews.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the feedback, Terri. I appreciate it.

anaavu said...

What a great idea! That could push us readers with insurmountable TBR piles to get to them too. Wondering if I could borrow your feature?

Ana @ BookSpark

Cheryl said...

I would be honored if you would like to borrow my feature, Ana. If you would like me to create a banner for you, please let me know.

Deb said...

You're genius, Cheryl! This is a perfect way to support those authors who wouldn't otherwise have a snowball's chance... of having their books read. I love it. I'm stealing your idea, too...though I may add my own twist to it. Perfectly genius idea!
Deborah/TheBookishDame

Cheryl said...

Wow! Thanks Deb. It looks like this will be a popular idea. I'm glad you like it.

Supporting my fellow authors is important to me. It's so hard to build a following with so much competition out there.

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know when you post your first one. I would love to see what you do with it.