Born Under a Lucky Moon: A Novel is the tale of two very important (but distant) years in the lives of Jeannie Thompson and her (embarrassing, crazy) colorful family members to whom “things” just seem to happen. From the Great Lakes of Michigan to Los Angeles and back again, it is a story of surprise marriages, a renegade granny, a sprinkler system cursed by the gods, and myriad other factors Jeannie blames for her full-tilt, out-of-control existence. But it’s also about good surprises—like an unexpected proposal that might just open Jeannie’s eyes to her real place among the people she loves most in the world . . . the same ones she ran far away from to begin with.
I've read numerous reviews of Born Under a Lucky Moon, and all of them have sung the book's praises. I was excited when the publicist contacted me and asked me to review it. While I haven't read the book yet, I received a second copy to give away to one of my readers.
Here's what some people are saying about Born Under a Lucky Moon:
"This is a feel-good, amazing read...I highly recommend it."
--Luanne Stevenson, Blogcritics reviewer
"An incredible book that I have no doubt you’ll absolutely love!"
"I can wholeheartedly recommend Born Under a Lucky Moon to anyone looking for a fictional story about families, and why we love them even if they are always getting themselves into sticky situations."
--The Book Chick
Read more reviews and learn more about author Dana Precious at http://bornunderaluckymoon.com/
How can you win a copy of this great book? Follow the rules below:
2) For your first entry, leave a comment with a valid email address. You can't win if you don't provide an email address.
3) One additional entry if you friend me on Facebook. Leave a comment with your profile link to show you're friending me.
4) One additional entry if you follow me on Twitter. Leave a comment with your profile link to show you're a follower.
5) Two additional entries if you like the Born Under a Lucky Moon page on Facebook.
6) Two additional entries if you follow Dana Precious on Twitter.
7) You must be 18 or older to be eligible to win and a resident of the United States or Canada.
Deadline for entries is 11:59 PM Eastern on Sunday, April 3, 2011. Winner will be selected out of all entrants who followed the rules governing this contest. The winner will be notified by email and have 72 hours to respond before a new winner is selected. Your free book will be shipped via the USPS. The Book Connection is not responsible for lost or damaged items.
Second Novels are Murder by Sue McGinty
8 hours ago