Monday, January 31, 2011

What Are You Reading?

Yes, that's me, buried underneath a pile of books.  LOL!  I keep saying I won't add to my TBR pile, but then I see all these great books I want to read. I have several books I'm reading for virtual book tours--some Pump Up Your Book's clients and some for others.

I recently read The Innocent by Vincent Zandri. He is a client of Pump Up Your Book--not my client, but he's been with us to promote a few books. When I heard he was touring again, I knew I had to read this one. Zandri has such a following. I needed to know why.

The Innocent is an excellent read. Gripping, raw, and edgy. It's is available in a Kindle edition for only 99 cents right now.

I finished The Tudor Secret (The Elizabeth I Spymaster Chronicles) by C.W. Gortner a few days ago. I loved his The Confessions of Catherine de Medici and The Last Queen, so I knew I was going to read this one. I had the pleasure of helping him promote The Confessions of Catherine de Medici and will work with him on the The Tudor Secret. The latter features a fictional main character. The writing is superb and the plot intriguing. It's a must read.

Over the weekend I read, Angel Lost, the latest Rocky Bluff P.D. crime novel by F.M. Meredith. This book will be available in March. Marilyn is also one of my clients. I've read all the Rocky Bluff P.D. books and this new one is great.

Next up, I'm reading Resurrection Garden (A Decade Series Mystery) by Frank Scully. This is Frank's first book, published by new Canadian e-Publisher, MuseItUp Publishing. I'm thrilled to have a chance to help Frank promote this first of several books we'll be seeing from him. Then after that, I need to read The Secret Life of Emily Dickinson: A Novel by Jerome Charyn, which is being released from W.W. Norton & Company on Valentine's Day. Dickinson is one of my favorite poets, so I hope this is a good book.

How about you? What did you just finish reading? What's up next?

No comments: