The Book Connection's Summer 2010 Book Giveaway -- Book Pack # 9 (Mystery/True-Crime)
This summer has just flown by and we're now down to the final two weeks of The Book Connection's Summer 2010 Book Giveaway. Book Pack # 9 is hard for me to part with. I truly enjoyed these books; three of them are signed by the authors. I just happen to hate clutter more than I love great books. If we ever build another house, I will have one room designed with floor to ceiling bookshelves on at least two sides. Then I might have enough room.
Tulsa Police Detective Kenny Elliot has a keen sense for the unusual. The death of a John Doe from an overdose seems like an easy case--to everyone except Elliot. He's sure there is more to it than meets the eye. His mission to discover the truth finds him deceived at every turn and makes him the target of an unknown danger.
When branch manager, Prudence Peters learns the national travel agency where she works is downsizing and she is demoted, you would think that's all the bad news she has to contend with. Put in the position of watching helplessly while news of closing branches circulates, and desperately trying to make sure her branch isn't one of them, Pru also has to worry about vying for her former job against a slew of others. As if matters couldn't get any worse, her former boss, Claudia, turns up dead, and one of Pru's employees, who is now missing, is the prime suspect. Can Pru save her job, the branch, and find a killer?
This fourth installment of Simon's Detective Dan Reles series finds Dan with a new home, a new wife, a son, and far removed from the life he once had in New York. But there is no way that Dan will ever escape his past...especially when it shows up on his doorstep.
After serving in Bosnia, Army Specialist Richard T. Davis reenlisted in time for the invasion of Iraq. He would make it through the bloody, savage battle known as the Midtown Massacre and return on July 12, 2003 to Fort Benning, Georgia. Richard looked forward to reuniting with his parents soon in St. Charles, Missouri.
Here are the rules and entry details for Book Pack #9 in The Book Connection's Summer 2010 Book Giveaway:
1. You must be a follower of this blog to be eligible to win.
2. For your first entry, leave a comment here indicating you are a follower.
3. Blog about this contest and receive five additional entries. Comment must include a link to your blog post about the contest.
4. You will receive two additional entries for every friend you refer to this contest. Your friend must become a follower of the blog and leave a comment indicating who referred him/her. Use Blogger IDs when listing who provided the referral, so they are easily traced back to the correct person. No anonymous entries are allowed.
5. You will receive one additional entry for tweeting about this contest. Leave a link to your tweet here.
6. You will receive one additional entry for following my other blog, Book Tours and More. Leave me a comment here telling me you're now a follower of BTM.
This giveaway is only open to residents of the United States and Canada. No emails will be sent to notify the winner. The winner can claim his/her prize by clicking the Contact Me button in the sidebar and sending along his/her mailing address. All winners have 72 hours after their names are announced to claim their prizes. An alternative winner will be selected after the 72 hour window has passed. If you win a prize, please wait one week before entering another giveaway. Prizes will be shipped media mail through the United States Postal Service. We are not responsible for lost or damaged goods. Deadline to enter is 11:59 PM on Saturday, September 4, 2010. Only those who follow the rules of this contest will be eligible to win.