The Book Connection's Summer 2010 Book Giveaway - Book Pack #7 (Children's)
This will be another two book pack week. Are you feeling lucky?
There are only two weeks left until The Book Connection's Summer 2010 Book Giveaway is over. Even if you're not interested in a certain book pack, tell your friends so they can enter to win too. I'll post Book Pack #8 in a separate entry.
In this rhyming tale, a young girl asks her father about the flowers that grow in their garden. She soon learns how helpful the garlic flower is and why her family plants their own vegetables. She soon discovers the importance of conserving water and energy and encourages the reader to do the same.
With The Raindrop, readers are treated to an enjoyable story along with a touch of science and a great message. Through lyrical prose the author shares the Raindrop’s journey and all he learns along the way.
Blogger's note: When I received this book, it had a slice on the back cover. It looks like it was sliced at some point by a razor blade. I was able to tape the inside, but it is still slightly visible from the outside back cover.
Glamour Girl from the Stars is the story of PleeDee, an alien girl who borrows her father’s spaceship to come to earth for the Miss Universe Pageant. After traveling around earth and experiencing different cultures, PleeDee soon discovers she feels good about herself without entering any beauty pageants.
In Little Big Wolf, Nathan dreams he is exploring the rocky trails of the forest when a large wolf pounces. Suddenly the wolf appears nervous, and Nathan and he stumble upon two hunters. Nathan soon discovers the other source of the wolf’s anxiety, a pup that is too sick to play. Nathan tends to the pup, then he and the wolf continue their adventure.
You can read my reviews of these books here and here.
Retail value of Book Pack #7 is $51.85!
Here are the rules and entry details for Book Pack #7 in The Book Connection's Summer 2010 Book Giveaway:
1. You must be a follower of this blog to be eligible to win.
2. For your first entry, leave a comment here indicating you are a follower.
3. Blog about this contest and receive five additional entries. Comment must include a link to your blog post about the contest.
4. You will receive two additional entries for every friend you refer to this contest. Your friend must become a follower of the blog and leave a comment indicating who referred him/her. Use Blogger IDs when listing who provided the referral, so they are easily traced back to the correct person. No anonymous entries are allowed.
5. You will receive one additional entry for tweeting about this contest. Leave a link to your tweet here.
6. You will receive one additional entry for following my other blog, Book Tours and More. Leave me a comment here telling me you're now a follower of BTM.
This giveaway is only open to residents of the United States and Canada. No emails will be sent to notify the winner. The winner can claim his/her prize by clicking the Contact Me button in the sidebar and sending along his/her mailing address. All winners have 72 hours after their names are announced to claim their prizes. An alternative winner will be selected after the 72 hour window has passed. If you win a prize, please wait one week before entering another giveaway. Prizes will be shipped media mail through the United States Postal Service. We are not responsible for lost or damaged goods. Deadline to enter is 11:59 PM on Saturday, August 28, 2010. Only those who follow the rules of this contest will be eligible to win.