If you relish the enemies-to-lovers romance trope, you need to grab a copy of Love on the Shelf by Sheila Roberts.
It's a battle of the sexes when romance bookstore co-owner Alice Willoughby matches wits with romance-bashing shock jock Parker Black. Turned off from love and happily-ever-after stories by his romance novelist ex-girlfriend, he takes aim at the entire genre. Spirited debates and bookstore protests follow, but clearly the sparks are flying between Parker and Alice, making her wonder if her favorite enemies-to-lovers trope is playing out in real life.
I think I have a new favorite novel by romance mastermind Sheila Roberts. I'm not even the biggest fan of enemies-to-lovers stories, but this one is so well done, so entertaining, and so real that I enjoyed every minute of it. From Chapter 1 to the Epilogue, I didn't want Alice and Parker's story to end.
In addition to Alice and Parker, Roberts created an entire cast of memorable characters that live within the world of HEA Books and station KWOW: Nola, Bettina, Lina, Scarlet and her husband Mark, Jenny Riddle, Jeremy Riddle, and Jay Barker leave you yearning for more of these characters. It's amazing when an author creates so many characters you love in one story, but Roberts pulls it off magnificently. If I could, I would go back and read Love on the Shelf all over again.
Fans of rom-coms, enemies-to-lovers stories, and second chances will want to dive right into Love on the Shelf.
- Publisher : MIRA
- Publication date : May 26, 2026
- Edition : Original
- Language : English
- Print length : 336 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0778305821
- ISBN-13 : 978-0778305828
I received a copy of this book from the author. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.










No comments:
Post a Comment