Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Book Review: How Successful People Grow by John C. Maxwell



If you seek personal and/or professional growth, then How Successful People Grow: 15 Ways to Get Ahead in Life by John C. Maxwell should be on your to-be-read list. 

Part of Maxwell's Successful People Series, How Successful People Grow teaches you about:
  • Intentional learning
  • Self-awareness
  • Believing in yourself
  • Reflection
  • Daily discipline
  • Strategic thinking
  • Turning negatives into positives
  • Growing from the inside out
  • Stretching yourself to move beyond where we are to where we want to be
  • Focusing on how to enlarge your potential
And five other principles to help you create the success you're looking for in life. In a short and easy to read book, you will find tips to guide you forward.

As many of you know, it's been a tough few years in our house. The loss of three family members has impacted all of us. Overcommitting myself and feeling like there is never any down time to enjoy life has left me in a funk. Up until I wrote this review, I didn't even notice I had the wrong cover for this book posted on my blog. LOL! That is why at the end of last year, I committed to reading more personal and professional growth books to refocus my brain and remember the positives. 

How Successful People Grow shares tips learned from years of Maxwell's success on how to promote growth in any aspect of your life. While I am sure there was a ton more he could say on the topic, a succinctly told guide allows you to learn without being clouded by an overabundance of personal examples that may or may not connect with the reader. What I found extremely helpful are the discussion questions and action items at the end of each chapter. 

If you're on the path to change and growth, be sure to add How Successful People Grow to your list of resources.

  • ASIN ‏ : ‎ 1599953684
  • Publisher ‏ : ‎ Center Street (April 22, 2014)
  • Language ‏ : ‎ English
  • Hardcover ‏ : ‎ 160 pages
  • ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 9781599953687
  • ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1599953687

I purchased a copy of this book at my local Walmart. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

 

No comments: