Sunday, May 21, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - May 22

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.       

Happy Monday! I hope you had a great week. Mine was filled with the typical appointments, meetings, and driving. At least I got a chance to listen to a good book! And I accomplished a fair amount of things. Not cleaning the house, but other stuff. :) 

The Lil' Diva and Lil' Princess attended the Taylor Swift concert at Gillette Stadium on Sunday. I am fairly certain that mom stress never goes away. Even though they are adults, I have to pray a lot while they are driving, out at crowded events without us, and pretty much not in my site or safe at home. Any one else relate? 

Here is what my reading world looks like. 

Reviewed this Bible study. You can read my review here.


Reviewed this personal growth book... well, what I read of it anyway. Read my thoughts here.



I also finished listening to this book on Audible. Loved it! Thankfully, I already own it in hardcover, because there are resources I want to check out.



Read a few pages of this one.



I finished this book. Look for my review soon at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection



Look for my review of this one on May 29 at TC&TBC.


I will start this one soon, but I need to complete an editing project first.



Upcoming virtual book tours:
  • The Ghost Hunters Series Spotlight - May 22
  • The Giving Back Tree by Tarky Lee - May 29 (review at TC&TBC)
  • A Final Farwell by Marilyn Meredith - June 20 (review)
  • All That Glitters by Mike Martin - June 29 (review)
  • The Unempty Spaces Between by Louis Efron - July 20 (review)
  • Exits by Stephne C. Pollock - August 7 (review)
  • Ravage & Son by Jerome Charyn - August 21 (review)

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

My mailbox saw more action than usual because I signed up for a couple more virtual book tours, and because I ordered a used book from Amazon. 




I also requested this one from NetGalley. The phone app has certainly made using NetGalley much easier for me.



Hope you read and received some great books last week. I look forward to visiting you. 

10 comments:

Mark Baker said...

Looks like a pretty eclectic collection of books read and books received. Hope you enjoy them.

Harvee said...

I'm reading the sci fi/fantasy novel, Babel, and have yet to decide on others. Have a good week.

https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I sure could relate to your feelings when the kids were going to concerts. Lucky to get those tickets, BTW. I hear they aren't easy to get! Have a good week. My mailbox was empty last week.

Kathy Martin said...

Nice assortment of books! I requested 9 at NetGalley last week and am waiting to see if I'm approved. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Greg said...

I can totally relate. :) And you have a thoughtful mix of books this week. Looking closer at several of them.

Yvonne said...

You have a nice selection of books. They all sound so interesting. I hope you have a great week!

Kathryn T said...

Atomic Habits is a book I've seen on a few sites or podcasts. One day I should see if I can get it from the library.

Martha Eskuchen said...

I was praying too when my daughter and granddaughter and friend went to the Taylor Swift concert in Atlanta a few weeks ago.
Looks like a very good reading week and book haul too. I agree that the NetGalley App has made it easier for me to read (and listen) on the phone.
Happy Readinng!

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

This book on Ingalls Wilder sounds great! Nice for classics lovers. Enjoy!

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Mark.

Harvee, I haven't read Babel. Will check it out.

Mary, I can't even begin to tell you how much they paid for those tickets. SMH

Hope you get approved for all your Netgalley books, Kathy.

Greg, hope you get a chance to check out some of the books on the list.

Thanks, Yvonne.

Kathryn, it's a great book. Hope you get to read it.

Martha, so nerve wracking when the kids go somewhere.

Emma, I am hoping it's a good one.

Thanks for visiting last week, everyone.