Saturday, May 20, 2023

Audible Book Review: The 5AM Club by Robin S. Sharma

 

If you like your self-help and personal development delivered through fictional storytelling, you might want to read The 5AM Club by Robin S. Sharma. 

Touted as "part manifesto for mastery, part playbook for genius-grade productivity and part companion for a life lived beautifully," this book is meant to empower you to embrace early-rising habits to change your life.

I tried to like this book, but it just isn't for me. What I thought was a nonfiction title outlining a practice to owning your morning, turned out to be a fictional story of annoying characters who meet an eccentric tycoon who becomes their mentor explaining the concept.

The narrator was great, capturing the characters' unique personalities, but after six chapters I couldn't even think how I would complete this 11hr audio book.

I've seen this style of book done before, and it can be done well. This story just wasn't for me despite my belief that owning your morning makes a huge difference in your performance and productivity.

Listening Length11 hours and 4 minutes
AuthorRobin Sharma
NarratorAdam Verner
Whispersync for VoiceReady
Audible.com Release DateDecember 04, 2018
PublisherHarperAudio
Program TypeAudiobook
VersionUnabridged
LanguageEnglish
ASINB07KRM53PR
I used an Audible credit to purchase the book. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

2 comments:

Martha Eskuchen said...

Thanks for your honest thoughts. From the title I would have thought it was nonfiction too.

Cheryl said...

That's why I felt a bit misled, Martha. But if the storytelling were good, I don't know that I would have cared.