Sunday, January 8, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Jan 9

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.     
 
Welcome back to Monday, everyone! I hope you had a nice weekend. Our time with the Lil' Princess has comes to an end. She heads back to Wilmington this morning. I guess it could be worse. Our unofficially adopted daughter left today for Spain, where she will be studying this semester. Our babies are all grown up. 

Because the Lil' Princess will be gone for a couple of months, we took her out to her favorite breakfast spot - Tables at the Farm. They know how to make some pancakes!


Sunday morning, I awoke to the mess below. I guess it might be time to fully undecorate the house.


I am sure this guy had nothing to do with the tree toppling over.


My last official duty as 2022 President of the RAPV happens Thursday with the passing of the gavel. I painted my nails purple for Realtor purple. The nail tech is removing the nails next time so I can give my real nails a breather.


My reading world is barely existent, considering I have a two new listings coming up, numerous buyers looking for properties, and had two accepted offers last week. I've been sticking to First Chapter Reviews to get through some of my older Kindle freebies.

I read the first chapter of this one. You'll see my review of that at the blog today.

Seasonal horror

I finished listening to this one on the drive back and forth to take care of my mother-in-law. I will post my review on Audible. 



I moved the review on this one to January 23, so look forward to that.


I need to get to this one as well.




Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Nothing in my physical or digital mailbox this week.

That's it from me. I have a four-day training class starting today, so if you don't hear from me until later, please know I will check in. Hope you all have a nice week. 

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a busy time for you.
That pancake is huge!
Oh - kitty got to your tree.
Your nails look very pretty. I haven't had my done since last summer. I should get them done soon.
I didn't get any new books either.
Have a good week and Happy Reading!
Martha

lsmoore49 said...

That pancake is huge. I think it would tasted delish..
Beautiful kitty.
Have a great week and happy reading.

Kathy Martin said...

That pancake looks amazing and is making me hungry for pancakes. I'm sure that cat had nothing to do with the tree falling, nothing! Nice that work is keeping you busy but sorry you aren't finding time to read. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Yvonne said...

Wow those pancakes are big! I love the way your nails came out. They look great.

Hope you have a great week!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Yummy food! Enjoy your books and clearing up the decorations!

Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

Elizabeth said...

Pretty nails.

Enjoy your books and your week.

Majanka Verstraete said...

Your nails look great, and I'm pretty sure the kitty had something to do with the Christmas tree toppling over. :) Enjoy reading this week!

Majanka @ I Heart Reading

Greg said...

Those are pancakes! Yum. It's always hard when the kids leave. I hope your 2023 is off to a great start!

pilch92 said...

Glad you know your kitty is innocent. :) Stop Overthinking looks good.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Wow those are huge pancakes! I bet they were delicious. Have a great week and enjoy whatever reading you can fit in!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for visiting today, everyone. Paul couldn't believe how big those pancakes were. He ordered three!!!

Thanks, Martha. I've had my nails done for the last couple of years, but I am ready for a break.

Linda, the fact that he is so pretty is the only reason he isn't locked in a crate during the day. He is such a menace.

Kathy, I am hoping mid-January will bring more reading time.

Thanks, Laurel, Elizabeth, Majanka, and Mary. Hope you have a great week.

Greg, it is very tough when she leaves. You know how parents of grown children tell you to appreciate them when they are young? I didn't take it enough to heart.

Pilch92, Stop Overthinking offered some helpful strategies.





shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

Mmmm now I want huge pancakes with syrup!
You have my sympathy. My middle two return to university in a month. It’s going to be very quiet when they are gone.

Wishing you a great reading week

Savvy Verse & Wit said...

my daughter would die for a pancake that huge!

Lyn said...

Time for you to visit Spain? :-) And don't punish the kitty too much - it's part of Christmas, right? haha. Happy reading. Here's my first review of the year: http://www.lyndonperrywriter.com/2023/01/first-review-of-year-mystery.html