Monday, December 5, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Dec 5

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.   

Welcome to December! It is so hard to believe we are already heading toward the end of 2022. Didn't it just start? Am I old? LOL! 

Though I had hoped for a slightly less hectic week, plans changed quickly. But that's okay. I ended the week with accepted offers on two of my listed properties. I presided over our holiday luncheon for the real estate board on Thursday; one of my last two official membership meeting duties before the new president takes over in January. 

At home, we finally decided to upgrade the last TV. Of course, the animals felt the need to help or supervise. I am also working on numerous editing projects. Oh, and the best news this week was that my short story, "Little Shepherd Boy," was published in Parables, an online magazine for kids. You can find the Christmas 2022/Winter 2023 issue for purchase here.


Twenty-three years old and still going strong.


I will miss this piece of furniture, since I often display my angel collection on top during the holidays.


Travis is lucky we didn't shut the door on him.


Theo wasn't sure we were putting the new TV stand together the right way.


I am still working on this one. Not because it isn't interesting, but because it's on my Kindle and my only reading time has been bath time lately. 


I started this one to get ahead of my January 13 review. 

I am listening to this book on Audible. 



I hope to read and review this one this week.


After that, I really need to read this book because its review is so overdue. 




Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

My physical mailbox was empty, but I am expecting a couple of books soon. I also downloaded this Kindle freebie on Sunday.


That's it from my neck of the woods. Hope you have a great week. I look forward to visiting your blogs today.



11 comments:

Mark Baker said...

I know how you feel about changing furniture. Now what do I do with Christmas decorations? Hope you figure it out.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Congrats on the publication of your short story!
We had a tv like that but it went to Goodwill when ours still accepted tvs.
Have a good week!

Kathy Martin said...

I hope you enjoy your new TV. Congratulations on the publication of your story. I hope you enjoy the books you plan to read this week. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Mark. I have a ton of Christmas stuff, so it will just take some rearranging.

Thanks, Mary. I am very excited. I will be looking to have more short stories published in the future.

Thanks, Kathy. I was pleased with the acceptance.

I appreciate the visit and comments, everyone.

Kathryn T said...

Love the look of The Star that Lost Its Twinkle. Congrats on the acceptance for the story. How you fit it all in!! And sold two houses. Hope the new TV is perfect viewing. I guess it will be online viewing too.

Greg said...

Spme of those old TV's keep running forever! And that is so awesome about your story!!

Jen at Introverted Reader said...

We're talking about replacing my mom's old box TV for her birthday in January. Those things just keep on going. She doesn't have a cable box for it though so I want to get her some sort of streaming stick. Right now she's stuck watching whatever fishing show my dad is currently interested in. That means an upgrade is in order.

Congrats on the story and the houses!

Martha Eskuchen said...

That is a lovely cabinet.
My time as President of the woman's club here is moving quickly it seems. But it is a two year term so I still have plenty of time to go. I bet it will be bittersweet to finish your term.

I was able to get Murder at the Snowed Inn as a free kindle. Thanks!
Have a good week and Happy Reading!

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

That snow murder sounds good, and I love your mailbox picture!

Savvy Verse & Wit said...

Congratulations on story publication! Wow, I haven't had one of those tvs in ages. Maybe you can repurpose that piece of furniture?

Cheryl said...

Thanks to all of you for the congratulations on my story publication. It has been years since I submitted anything, so I feel great about it.

Kathryn, that picture book is a cute story.

Greg, I love my old TV. I don't want an instruction manual on how to watch. :)

Jen, our cable company went to an app, so we were able to get rid of our box.

Martha, we loved that cabinet. We ordered it from a now out of business local furniture store.

Emma, hope you get to read it.

Sherry, I love having a fireplace. I can't imagine a house without one now.

Serena, we are going to donate the cabinet. Hopefully someone else gets to enjoy it.