Thursday, December 29, 2022

First Chapter Review: The Ornament Keeper by Eva Marie Everson

 


I grabbed this novel as a Kindle freebie earlier this month.

BLURB: Award-winning author Eva Marie Everson wraps up a Christmas story of hope, love, and forgiveness just in time for the holidays. The Ornament Keeper, a contemporary Christmas novella, features Felicia and Jackson Morgan who are spending their first Christmas apart after twenty years of marriage. But a lifetime of gifted ornaments helps Felicia piece together the story of their marriage and the one mistake of unforgiveness she made before they said, “I do.” 

Can these memory-filled ornaments reunite this family before Christmas? Only time will tell.


COVER: Simple and seasonal. I love the color scheme. 

FIRST CHAPTER: When Felicia announces to her oldest child, Sara, that she has decided not to put up the Christmas decorations this year, she is met with resistance.

KEEP READING: I'm interested. I know what this book is about by the blurb, so I know what to expect. The opening chapter definitely sets the stage for tension. My only niggle is that the author describes the characters' actions in excruciating detail. I would prefer less detail to move the plot along. 

  • ASIN ‏ : ‎ B098PC1V1H
  • Publisher ‏ : ‎ New Hope Publishers (July 4, 2021)
  • Publication date ‏ : ‎ July 4, 2021
  • Language ‏ : ‎ English
  • File size ‏ : ‎ 1212 KB
  • Purchase here!


This First Chapter Review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

1 comment:

Martha Eskuchen said...

This one sounded good to me. I hope you enjoy it all.