Monday, November 28, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday - Nov 28

Welcome to It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Mailbox Monday.   

 


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.   

Hello, everyone! Hope those who celebrated Thanksgiving had a nice weekend. Here are some photos from our weekend.


Theo hanging out Thanksgiving morning


Dwight investigating the Lil' Princess' Black Friday deals


Travis helping with outdoor decorating...or at least thinking he is


Did anyone brave going out on Black Friday? That is so not my thing. I'm much more of a Cyber Monday kind of person when I am not shopping local. 

We went to see my mother-in-law on Thursday and shared a wonderful meal made by my brother-in-law and sister-in-law. All I had to do is bring the fudge and the cookies. It still seems so strange that I am not cooking for a large group every holiday. I think Christmas day will be at our place with the kids and some of their friends. 

With everything that happened last week--planned and unexpected--I did not sit down to read like I intended. So, I am still working on this one. 


I did, however, finish listening to this excellent nonfiction book by a former international hostage negotiator for the FBI. My review is on Goodreads and should be up on Amazon soon. 


With this book, I completed my 2022 Goodreads Reading Challenge! I still might finish A War in Too Many Worlds before the end of the year. I would also like to post reviews for these two at  my children's book blog this week.



After that, I really need to read this book because its review is so overdue. 



I am reviewing this one in January, but I didn't sign up to review anything in December because I have a ton of stuff going on. 




Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Will someone please tell me to stop grabbing Kindle freebies. LOL! Lately, there have been so many books that caught my eye. That should mean more First Chapter Reviews to read here next year.




The Lil' Princess' flight was canceled because of bad weather in Wilmington. So, we will be off early tomorrow to bring her to Hartford to catch her new flight. After that, we will see what the day brings. I have lots of phone calls to return from the holiday weekend. 

9 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. I'm not much of an in-person shopper any time of the year and look at Black Friday in horror. My brother, who works retail, tells me that it isn't nearly as overwhelming as it used to be. I have a bunch of December 27 releases to read yet before the end of the year but I'm procrastinating by rereading. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

Harvee said...

Wish I had a dog to keep my feet warm on the couch. Glad you had a good and active Thanksgiving!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great photos of a cozy holiday. Enjoy your week.

Kathryn T said...

Love the photos especially the one of the cat poking his nose into the bag. Congrats on the Goodreads challenge finish.

Greg said...

I did not do anything for Black Friday! I was still recovering from Thanksgiving ha. But we did so some online shopping yesterday- gotta get those Cyber Monday deals. :)

Glad you had a nice thanksgiving!!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I went to a German Christmas Market in a small nearby town on Friday. That was fun! No actual shopping.
I did some online shopping today for my grandkids' Christmas gifts. Easy and done!

Cheryl said...

Kathy, I really don't enjoy shopping. Never have. The internet save me; though I do go into the local shops on our main strip.

Harvee, he destroyed almost every piece of furniture in our family room and every area rug when he was a puppy. He is lucky we love him as much as we do.

Thanks, Laurel.

Kathryn, Dwight gives a new name to curiosity.

Greg, Cyber Monday is much more my speed.

Mary, that sounds like so much fun. I think I might be done early this year... at least I can hope.

Thanks for visiting, everyone.

Martha Eskuchen said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving with family. I thought I might go in person shopping after our lunch out until I realized the stores were closed. :-) I did do some online shopping with Black Friday sales.
It is hard to resist free Kindle titles. I like the looks of The Stationmaster's Cottage and I was able to get it and The Murder Mystery. So thanks for adding to my TBR shelf.
I hope you have a good week and Happy Reading!

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

Congrats on reaching your yearly goal! I actually did too